Back from Infinity E Carib 08Jan06 sailing

flagger

I was on the Infinity the week before you and hope you have a good re-entry. Our embarkation was a nightmare --looks like yours was going better. We particularly enjoyed the Aqua spa pool and the new show, Celebrate the World. What did you think?

Flagger, glad you're back. Hope you enjoyed your cruise. What was the highlight of your trip?

Making new friends and our aft balcony.

How are the cabins on Infinity?
Plenty of storage, adequate bathroom, pillow menu in Concierge Class.

I was on the Infinity the week before you and hope you have a good re-entry. Our embarkation was a nightmare --looks like yours was going better. We particularly enjoyed the Aqua spa pool and the new show, Celebrate the World. What did you think?
Our embarkation was not horrible, but we got there pretty early. It was a little disorganized with one person telling people to sit in chairs to be called in order they were sitting, then another person directing everyone to line up, then the same person having a cow because the people were being lined up. Then you had a horrid wedding coordinator having to just get "her bride" and guests in first because they had a wedding to get to.... Not that that affected my experience really.

To be honest the T-pool did not live up to my expectations, but I understand the one on Century is much better.

Loved what we saw of the Celebrate the World show, but then DD wanted to go and we were not going to disturb other guests so we left.

The seas were pretty rough on the outbound portion from FLL to SJU. At one point the water in the main pool was sloshing back and forth so much that one lady in the pool area asked the pool butler to have the pool drained because she was getting wet from the constantly splashing water.

I just had to laugh and share that.

Flagger,

Could you please tell me who is the current Cruise Director? Also, does Celebrity still use a Social Hostess or have they all switched to using the Captain Club rep as such?

Will be sailing on the Feb. 12th to E. Caribbean and looking forward to being on the Infinity again.

Thanks for your information.

The current CD is Jeff Potts from Vancouver. He joined the ship in Nassaue two days before our cruise. The hotel director is Niina from Finland. She joined the ship four days before our cruise.

There is no social hostess aboard Infinity and only a Captain's Club Hostess. We think this is a big mistake.

This was the second cruise where the new menus had been implemented. I was not able to save all of the copies but it was nice to see new choices on the menu.

I was on the cruise with Flagger and I think I have most of the dailies and I have a wine list but I did not get the menus. We had a great time! I too was a little disappointed in the T-pool, I thought the one on the Summit was MUCH better! Also, next to impossible to get a Spa appointment.

• 2 weeks later...

Can you explain why you were disappointed with the T-pool? I'm going on Infinity in 3 weeks and was looking forward to that. I read "What Time is the Midnight Buffet" and got really excited about that pool.

This is our first Celebrity cruise. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Pending Flagger's reply ... one thing to note is that the author of "... Midnight Buffet" sailed Galaxy & Mercury, which have the same T-pool as Century -- an incredible mega-intense pool full of jetted water. The one on Infinity (and its sisters Millennium, Constellation, Summit) is really no comparison -- it's just a big warm indoor pool with a couple mild jets around the edges. That's why it's free on those ships, and an extra-cost service (unless you are in a suite or the highest level of Captain's Club) on the C-class ones -- TR

Pending Flagger's reply ... one thing to note is that the author of "... Midnight Buffet" sailed Galaxy & Mercury, which have the same T-pool as Century -- an incredible mega-intense pool full of jetted water. The one on Infinity (and its sisters Millennium, Constellation, Summit) is really no comparison -- it's just a big warm indoor pool with a couple mild jets around the edges. That's why it's free on those ships, and an extra-cost service (unless you are in a suite or the highest level of Captain's Club) on the C-class ones -- TR

So is it a real waste of time? Should we just stick to the other pool? I'm worried about not getting a chair on the days when we're at sea.

So is it a real waste of time? Should we just stick to the other pool? I'm worried about not getting a chair on the days when we're at sea.

Having used the pool on Millie and Constellation, I wouldn't call it a waste of time. How can time by a spa be a waste of time? :p As far as getting a chair by the pool on sea days vs. using the spa, I see your point. If I remember the spa area is right next to the pool.

However, as previously stated, Century class does have the better facilities from what I have read and heard.

Having used the pool on Millie and Constellation, I wouldn't call it a waste of time. How can time by a spa be a waste of time? :p As far as getting a chair by the pool on sea days vs. using the spa, I see your point. If I remember the spa area is right next to the pool.

However, as previously stated, Century class does have the better facilities from what I have read and heard.

Well I guess I won't make any set plans for the T-pool. If we get to use it then great. I will still utilize the spa. I'm planning on a massage at least. Like you said, how can a spa be a waste of time.

Thanks for your input.

Looking forward to the review, as we are on Infinity for the 26 Feb sailing.

I'm really enjoying these reviews. My husband has been online forever it seems. I just joined the other day. I'll have my review out there when we get back. We sail on Infinity Feb 19th.

Here is another question for those of you on this cruise. Can you tell us which days were informal and casual on port days? I pretty much have an idea, but would like confirmation.

Here is my best educated guess for all 7 nights:

Sunday --casual

Monday --formal

Tuesday- San Juan--informal

Wednesday- Antigua--casual

Thursday- St. Maarten--informal

Friday--formal

Saturday--casual

Am I spot on, or miss by a mile? :p

St. Maarten was also casual. There was only one informal night on board. We were docked at Phillipsburg for so long that there was barely anyone at main seating.

Thanks! :D

Did you know before you got onboard that one of the informal evenings would be changed?

On the informal night that you did have, was the dress code pretty much in evidence--or did your sailing have a more casual atmosphere on informal night?

There are some on our sailing who are pretty well set against "dressing" for informal night and wanted your input. Now that they know there will only be one informal I'm sure they will forgo packing the jacket.

No I didn't. I packed for two informals, three casuals and two formals. We dined in the SS United States on the first formal night and on Thursday around 9pm. I remember noting it was to be a casual night, but I was going to be in a jacket anyway that night.

I remember seeing sports jackets and ties on informal night as well as some people with no jackets. However we were on Deck 4 port side. If you can imagine that deck being a large table with two "legs" going towards the Rendevous on the port and starboard sides, we were sitting in one of the legs forward of the staircase. So our view of the entire dining room was blocked. Besides I was making sure DD was being kept in check that I barely noted what others were wearing.

If you remember from my review they had the last night at sea (of the cruise) listed as formal when it should have been casual. We did not always notice the evening's dress outside of the Trellis when we walked in. It could have easily been a mistake based on what happened with the daily on the last day. KWIM?

Archived