Which ship form Norfolk

Grandpa Elliott

27 minutes ago, Grandpa Elliott said:

Thanks.  Do you have any feedback/comments/etc about that particular ship?

Grandpa, it doesn't actually exist yet as the complete retrofit of the old Triumph isn't for a couple months yet.  Any review of the ship prior to then would be irrelevant. 

19 hours ago, Grandpa Elliott said:

Because the last time i looked there were multiple ships but thanks for your useless an unhelpful snarky reply.

Unfortunately this is way too common. 

Triumph is scheduled to begin her dry dock the first of March. It should be completed the end of April. Carnival's site has info for the then 'new' Sunrise. Layout, venues, etc.

Edited by Bookbug53

In 2020 the Radiance (formerly Victory) will also do a few stops out of Norfolk.  They don't seem to do anything from Norfolk with regularity.  We sailed the Glory from there several years ago, I have also seen a few others from there in years past.  Seems they at least try and change that one up when they offer a ship from there.  

I live right next to Norfolk will be sailing May 17 like mention it is going for dry dock so it will be like going on brand new ship. Carnival has pull out of Norfolk and came back a couple of times hope they stay around this time, I have been on the glory and splendor out of Norfolk  right now they just going to a few places mostly Bahamas one April they are going to grand Turk 

i did read when the radiance come there will be trips to cuba

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/19433-carnival-triumph-to-become-carnival-sunrise-after-200-million-drydock.html

• Thanks 1

The older Sunshine sailed out of Norfolk in 2017/18.  She is the sister ship to the soon-to-be Sunrise.  The Sunshine ship was previously called the Destiny and went through such an extensive renovation and deck addition to justify the christening of a new name. You can check out the reviews of the Sunshine to get a feel for the experience to expect on the Sunrise.  My family has sailed on the Sunshine and really liked it:  smaller ship with a lot of the big ship amenities. We have sailed out of Norfolk on both Carnival and Royal, and always enjoy this port.  It really is a shame that more cruises do not sail out of Norfolk.

On 12/27/2018 at 9:16 PM, crazy4tweety said:

I live right next to Norfolk will be sailing May 17 like mention it is going for dry dock so it will be like going on brand new ship. Carnival has pull out of Norfolk and came back a couple of times hope they stay around this time, I have been on the glory and splendor out of Norfolk  right now they just going to a few places mostly Bahamas one April they are going to grand Turk 

i did read when the radiance come there will be trips to cuba

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/19433-carnival-triumph-to-become-carnival-sunrise-after-200-million-drydock.html

I too live right up the road from Norfolk and am taking my first trip to Cuba in a couple months.... Glad to hear that if I decide to go back, I won't have to go out of Tampa. Hoping to get some other good destinations out of Norfolk.

We have sailed from Norfolk a couple of times. Usually the ship is transiting in May to NY to do summer Canadian sailings. Then again in October  on the way back to Miami in the fall. Definitely book early as we have never seen the price go down. Here is some info on the Sunrise for you. We actually just got off the 'Triumph last week as we no longer live in the Tidewater area.

https://www.carnival.com/cruise-ships/carnival-sunrise.aspx