Alternate ways to get the AMEX discount when TA doesn’t take AMEX?

HMY624

At the agency that I work with,  we process CC pmts directly to Carnival either on the web interface , at carnival's agent site or over the phone and we use Amex all the time. Checks would be written to the agency and then paid to Carnival via the agency. If you really want to stay with your agent, I would recommend booking directly with Carnival for your deposit and then calling and transferring your booking to the agent of your choosing. 

Yup- we are getting almost 10% cash back on our cruise by using a TA. 

FYI- I called Carnival and explained the situation. They said I could either change to a new TA or release the booking back to Carnival but I have to contact our TA and have them write a letter on original letter head, blah, blah, blah. Seriously not worth it at this point especially since we are so close to the final payment date and if anything gets screwed up and I lose this cabin (it's right across the hall from our other one on an almost-sold out ship) I will lose my mind! 

Good to know for next time that I won't transfer my booking till last minute. We just recently found out about the AMEX discount so it was too late by then. Oh well...