QM2 Class Differences

JDGGG

I am planning a 4th of July cruise on the Queen Mary 2. I am new to Cunard and hear conflicting reports about class differences on board its ships. I am planning on booking a Britania Dining Room Stateroom with a verandah. I am sure the accomadations are nice but I heard from some people that I will not be able to access certain services on the ship besides the Queen and Princess Grill. Is this true? Also, does the staff treat people in non grill rooms differently? Finally, when does the QM2 start leaving from Brooklyn? Thank you so much for your help.

I am planning a 4th of July cruise on the Queen Mary 2. I am new to Cunard and hear conflicting reports about class differences on board its ships. I am planning on booking a Britania Dining Room Stateroom with a verandah. I am sure the accomadations are nice but I heard from some people that I will not be able to access certain services on the ship besides the Queen and Princess Grill. Is this true? Also, does the staff treat people in non grill rooms differently? Finally, when does the QM2 start leaving from Brooklyn? Thank you so much for your help.

besides the grill dining rooms the only other areas that are for grill pax only is the queens cocktail lounge and the queens sundeck(small sunning area on fantail of ship) every thing else is available to all. enjoy bon voyage

As 2moose said, only the Queens Grill Lounge (a thoroughly unatmospheric room IMHO) and the small private sundeck would be off-limits.

The crew in the rest of the ship should treat you no differently than if you were in a Grill cabin - it's doubtful they'd know what cabin grade you were in, anyway.

Enjoy your cruise, and don't worry about the class differences - they really don't amount to much at all.

As 2moose said, only the Queens Grill Lounge (a thoroughly unatmospheric room IMHO) and the small private sundeck would be off-limits.

The crew in the rest of the ship should treat you no differently than if you were in a Grill cabin - it's doubtful they'd know what cabin grade you were in, anyway.

Enjoy your cruise, and don't worry about the class differences - they really don't amount to much at all.

they know the cabin grade when you make a purchase with you room number. the queens grill lounge is a nice quiet place for tea or drinks no crowds when i was onboard. great ship no matter whichn cabin or resturant you are in. ENJOY!!! WISH I WAS GOING WITH YOU!!

they know the cabin grade when you make a purchase with you room number.

If they have memorized all the cabin numbers, that is ;) !

Book a Britannia cabin on a deck that also has Grill cabins and will they really know the difference?

the queens grill lounge is a nice quiet place for tea or drinks no crowds when i was onboard.

No crowds because it is such a dull space ;) ! To me, it has all the charm and appeal of a business-class airport lounge.

I think the Queens Grill Lounge on QE2 is much nicer - and that's really just a nicely decorated corridor ;) !

Bottom line, QM2 is a magnificent ship and I'm sure our original poster will have a wonderful time. I might actually be on that cruise - we're on a waitlist for an inside cabin (not willing to spend too much for a 5-day cruise that doesn't really go anywhere).

Grill passengers also have use of the Concierge Lounge. This is an entirely inside room that provides a lounge, purser and shore excursion service. Grill passengers may also get, depending on the port, priority check in and boarding at the start of the cruise.

I have done Grill (on QE2) and none Grill (on QM2). I had great cruises/crossings in both for reasons that had nothing to do with cabin accommodation grade.

Best wishes, Stephen.

PS I will never forget QE2 across the Atlantic. A fantastic experience. I was in the cheapest, smallest inside cabin.

If they have memorized all the cabin numbers, that is ;) !

Book a Britannia cabin on a deck that also has Grill cabins and will they really know the difference?

No crowds because it is such a dull space ;) ! To me, it has all the charm and appeal of a business-class airport lounge.

I think the Queens Grill Lounge on QE2 is much nicer - and that's really just a nicely decorated corridor ;) !

Bottom line, QM2 is a magnificent ship and I'm sure our original poster will have a wonderful time. I might actually be on that cruise - we're on a waitlist for an inside cabin (not willing to spend too much for a 5-day cruise that doesn't really go anywhere).

i sailed the p-grill cat on both ships and much prefer the p-grill-cat on the qe2 . th qm2 is a beautifull modern ship and the qe2 is the grande dam of sailing. best regards to all!!

i sailed the p-grill cat on both ships and much prefer the p-grill-cat on the qe2 .

I haven't sailed Grill Class (yet) so I can't comment on food and service, but I certainly prefer the Princess Grill on QE2 (as a room - in terms of decor, atmosphere, etc.) to that on QM2.

Both ships are wonderful overall, but compared to those on QE2, the Grills and the Queens Grill Lounge on QM2 are disapointing IMHO.

And of course, nothing on QM2 can replicate the wonderful original first-class cabins that make up most of the P and Q grades on QE2, with their wonderful wood panelling, silk wall coverings, raised ceilings, etc. I'd love to occupy one someday!

Archived