Change booking

claudiniusmaximus

Sadly it looks at though we will need to change our cruise planned for June due to some unexpected financial costs. I’m in the U.K. and we don’t have “cancel for any reason” insurance as it’s just not available here. 

So wondering if Princess will let us transfer our deposit booking to a different date, ship, intinerary later in the year. Our current cruise was booked direct with Princess and includes (flexible) flights and hotels etc. 

I’m actually on a cruise right now but not Princess or i’d ask them at future cruise sales. 

Does anyone know if Princess allow it for U.K. cruisers? I know in the states it’s much more flexible than here. 

I will of course ring princess in due course but just find it useful to find out via these boards first. 

12 minutes ago, justafem said:

If you are before the final payment date, it's as simple as cancelling the cruise.  You should receive a full refund, unless you were booked under an non refundable deposit promotion. 

Unfortunately that’s not the case in the U.K.  All deposits are non refundable sadly over here (that’s why was asking about changing the cruise rather than just cancelling) 

13 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

You're correct, Princess is more flexible in the US. However, the few times I've seen anyone on CC have success with this is for a death in the immediate family.

And as noted above, before final payment is a "maybe" for UK.

Oh dear that doesn’t sound hopeful 😟

15 minutes ago, justafem said:

If you are before the final payment date, it's as simple as cancelling the cruise.  You should receive a full refund, unless you were booked under an non refundable deposit promotion. 

Not in the UK as the OP has stated. The rules are different.