rome airport

I need to book a driver to take my family to the airport in Rome. How much time should we allow before our flight home? I do not know how long it takes to get from our hotel (near the train station) to the airport and then how early we need to actually be at the airport. I do not like to cut things close so would rather be there a little too early rather than feeling stressed about missing our flight. We are not interested in taking the train as we are traveling with our children, my parents, and all I plan to buy in our wonderful ports of call. Thanks!

I found Rome to be one of the more chaotic airports so I would get there early. I would recommend arriving a minimum of 2 1/2 hours before you flight. I'm sure that some will say that you don't need to get there so early, but I too don't like to take chances, particularly in airports around the world.

Keith

It really depends where you are staying in Rome and time of day. I would check at the Hotel where you are staying. For us, our hotel was about a 45 minute drive to the airport but traffic seemed to be moving farily well.

Keith

For MLAW..as Keith said the airport can be chaotic and confusing even if you are in the area of your airline...make sure you are in the right line for check-in...just keep asking.I have flown in and out of Rome a few times and it never gets easy.Your 2 1/2 hours is a good time even if all goes well.Not only depending on where you are staying in Rome also what time of day you will be leaving for your flight is imperative.Your hotel will be able to help you there and get you a taxi van or driver for all of you since you will be more than two.If you do use a taxi service there will be a charge for luggage which is normal...just an FYI.Have a great trip.

I found Rome to be one of the more chaotic airports so I would get there early. I would recommend arriving a minimum of 2 1/2 hours before you flight. I'm sure that some will say that you don't need to get there so early, but I too don't like to take chances, particularly in airports around the world.

Keith

Thanks for the advice. I might now decide to stay at an airport hotel the night before my flight home so that I'm not rushing to leave a city hotel on the morning of my flight.

Archived