transportation to port from sfo

ronjoh

Hi Cruisers,

As Canadians, we have done a few cruises to Mexico out of Los Angeles. We have the travel procedures down pat and have found  comfort zone. This time (Jan 7) we will be departing from SFO. We booked a flight that arrives SFO the same day as the cruise ( we get in around 10:00 AM). Normally from LAX we will take Super Shuttle. The last time out of LAX we had a few problems. Super Shuttle  did send us a voucher for our problems.

My problem is I'm having a hard time booking the transportation with Super Shuttle. Is Super Shuttle a reliable transportation company from SFO to the cruise port?

I would really appreciate some feedback regarding this firm out of SFO airport and any other suggestions you might have.

Thanks and my time is running out.

Appreciate the comment from the folks on this forum

I just tried a test booking on the SuperShuttle site from SFO to Pier 27 and a message popped up:

Sorry, this address is outside of the service area for San Francisco Airport (SFO).

Is this the same response you are getting?

Perhaps a local will see this and respond if that is true and you will thus have to seek a different mode of transport.

Or you may want to ask on the West Coast Departures board where likely there are multiple threads about the best way to get there.

ETA: thread was moved from the Princess board to this board practically while I was in the middle of typing my response. Our hosts are on the ball tonite  :classic_dry:

Edited by fishywood

Yes, Uber would be our first choice.  However, another option is using the BART, Bay Area Rapid Transit...only if you have easy to roll luggage.  There's a station/stop right at the airport, get off the Embarcadero station, and the walk to the cruise terminal is on a flat and wide sidewalk. 

• Like 1

SuperShuttle to/from SFO is about as reliable as anywhere else.   They want to keep to their core product SFO to city hotels.  I live on the westside of the city and have trouble booking them to get me to SFO.  When I leave from work on the eastside, I have no trouble booking.  Guess which side has the hotels?

However any service, shuttle, taxi, ride-share, to the cruise terminal is a relatively new concept compared with LA or Seattle. While there is a new cruise terminal, ship sailings are far and few and nobody really knows the schedule unless they look at the Port's website.  

It's been reported that over 70% of the ride-share drivers are not even from the Bay Area and drive 2-3 hours just to work here.  Ask them to go anywhere in the City without GPS and they're clueless.  An enterprising driver may find the cruise schedule and take advantage, but there aren't too many of those :classic_unsure:

Edited by Philob

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/5/2019 at 1:11 PM, bonsai3s said:

Yes, Uber would be our first choice.  However, another option is using the BART, Bay Area Rapid Transit...only if you have easy to roll luggage.  There's a station/stop right at the airport, get off the Embarcadero station, and the walk to the cruise terminal is on a flat and wide sidewalk. 

I second the BART option.  Very easy and affordable.