Birthday Occasion details

Toiler on the Sea

First time on Celebrity coming up shortly.

When I checked in Online it asked for special occasion details. As it is my wife's birthday during the cruise I added that.

Does this mean Celebrity marks this occasion in some way?

I am aware that you can buy special packages for Birthdays, but I am assuming this question on the online form is something different.

We have always let the M’D and our waiter know if anyone in our family has a birthday on board and then they will arrange a slice of cake and a song at the end of your meal. Do not rely on the form.

We have this conversation after boarding but then one of us will remind them (quietly) on the day as we go into whatever dining room we have arranged. With so many guests to look after the waiters appreciate you reminding them....

If you want to make the occasion extra special consider a speciality restaurant for the evening, they will also arrange the slice of cake and song!

If you wish to celebrate with champagne remember you can bring two bottles of any wine on board with you including fizz. Your stateroom attendant or butler will put it on ice for you to enjoy in the room or if you deliver it to the restaurant you are going to dine in they will also ice and serve it for a corkage fee ($20?).

Hope you have a great cruise and your wife has a great birthday!

Edited by chemmo

They will do special things for a birthday. I suggest you visit guest services on your first on board ship and ask them about what they can offer to make your wife's birthday extra nice. Even if you have booked something before your travel it is worth asking at guest services to check that everything is ready.

In BLU they served a small very sweet choc cake for b day or anniv...Singing optional! You can share with a few diners nearby, or send any leftover to  your cabin.

Not sure of current situation or EDGE??