Japan cruise

Summer Holliday

We are there in April as well and I've looked for tours with no luck.

Consider that there is one of the most beautiful gardens in Japan right in Yokahama. That's a 5 min. taxi ride from the port if you want to see Japanese gardens and can be done on your own

My wife and I are taking the train to Kamakura thats about 20 minutes outside of Yokohama. where there are several beautiful shrines including the Fantastic Big Budda. There are some day tours for that studied area but the tours are tremendously over priced for what they deliver. Sorry I Didn't answer your question but I'm not recommending a tour but I  am  saying if you want to see some nice things , look in to doing the tour on your own. It's easy to do and much cheaper

There is a hop on hop off bus and it has a stop right at the port.  Day ticket is 500 yen.  We did a B2B with a full day in Yokohama.  I  It will take you to the Sankei-en gardens.  Lovely gardens easy to walk around even if a bit "challenged" physically.  Showing the day bus pass will also get you a small discount.   Its not called hop on hop off but Ill post the link for you.

http://www.city.yokohama.lg.jp/koutuu/english/burari-tour.html

Kamakura is a lovely place to visit with lots of temples, but it can involve a lot of walking with many crowds.   There is a Kamakura pass which is good value if you plan to visit.  It covers various forms of transport in the Kamakura and Enoshima area.

I would also recommend you consder using a goodwill guide.  They are volunteer english speaking guides, with varying degrees of english skills.  We have used them in many cities throughout Japan and always have a great time.  Often english uni students but also homemakers, business people, we have even had uni lecturers.  The only cost to you is travel, meal and entry fees while they are with you.   its a great way to spend a day with a true local.   Book as early as possible as there is a limited number of guides available and when there are thousands of passengers the demand is high.

Link to the goodwill guide service is 

https://www.japan.travel/en/plan/list-of-volunteer-guides/

Hope this helps.

Edited by Tara Jane
  • Like 1