Cabin for 19 year olds?

nc.cruzers16

Hello. We are wanting to book two cabins, balcony for hubby and I and separate cabin for our daughter and her friend (both 19).   We will be sailing out of San Juan.   Do they need to be booked in an adjoining cabin or across the hall or can we put them anywhere on the ship?  TIA

We took my 20 year old twin nephews on a cruise before.  They could be anywhere on the ship and were separated from them when first booked but as a surprise, we ended up upgrading them a balcony right next to ours.  But, I think the only time they have to be located next to you is when they are under 16.  

Since they are both over 18, depending on how much you want to see them, you can have them next door, across the hall or in an inside stateroom on deck 3, giving you all the room and privacy you need on deck 10, if you get my drift. 🙂 Yes, I know someone will be offended that I am joking about young adults. Not the first time, however.

1 hour ago, nc.cruzers16 said:

Hello. We are wanting to book two cabins, balcony for hubby and I and separate cabin for our daughter and her friend (both 19).   We will be sailing out of San Juan.   Do they need to be booked in an adjoining cabin or across the hall or can we put them anywhere on the ship?  TIA

We have sailed with our "kids" since they were in early grammar school.

First time with Disney and they were in our cabin. 

Since then--sailing several lines and always put them in a different cabin....even in middle school. We'd book one adult/one child per room and switch on board-- getting keys etc dealt with at Guest services. And Room stewards have always been great .

Our "kids" have been across the hall (interior) which they loved because it was darker/quiet.  or a door or two down. We worked to be in the same MUSTER station. 

They enjoyed  balcony  rooms during the passage/glacier in Alaska --which was between us and my late MIL --we had three open balconies--so a wide veranda feeling....

And they enjoyed the Baltics balcony--- and were a good way down the hall -- but at ages 18 and 22 we were confident they were fine.

All this is to say we have done a variety of staterooms and work to be in the same MUSTER station just in case