Customs at Port Everglades

ChuckinSC

We sail in and out of Port Everglades in about a week.  Assuming the partial government shutdown continues we’re concerned about disembarkation and our flight.  As of today has anyone heard if there’s a CBP slowdown with agents calling in sick, etc (similar to TSA)?  Thanks.

Edited by ChuckinSC

Not sure why you are calling this a “slowdown” when these people are working with no pay and have through the holidays.  They don’t make a ton of money and some live paycheck to paycheck.  Quite a few have other jobs as well.  I totally understand them not working in a job with no pay vs a job that pays them on time.

Plan accordingly because this could go on for awhile.  

I got off a ship on Friday (2 days ago) - we had 3 agents and the line moved VERY fast.  No delays at all for us.  If you are concerned about your flight, then do self-disembark early.

FLL is different.  They are a total disaster with international/customs but they were that way before the shutdown.  Just a horribly mismanaged airport.  In fact, I'm sitting here at home right now as my wife and kids are STILL stuck on a plane just waiting for the stupid bus to come and disembark, so they can wait another 2+ hours in an immigration line.

I haven't had major TSA delays at FLL though so I think you'll be fine in your case.

We came in on Oosterdam Saturday morning at Port Everglades.  We got off with the self assist group around 7:30. I had everything entered in the Mobile Passport app for customs. When we got to the customs area, we got placed into the very short globalAssist line. I saw only two agents processing passengers. We got through quickly, even though we were not globalAssist people. The agent who guided us into line told me to put my phone away because Mobile Passport was not being used, which is not as advertised. Did anyone experience long delays later? Did more agents show up after 8:00am? Two agents for 2,000 passengers is not enough.

Edited by CentralFloridaFamily
Clarification

I returned from a cruise Friday January 11th to Port Everglades and there was no difference in customs processing. The line moved at about the same rate as my return from previous cruises and there appeared to be plenty of customs agents.