Pre-cruise dining/show requests?

bigreckster

Sailing on Getaway in the Haven...first Norwegian cruise in probably 20 years!   Rec'd a note saying we could request dining and show reservations prior to the cruise...is this really advantageous or should we just wait until boarding and speak to the concierge re: our specific requests.   We're "new" to the Haven and the scheduling system after many years of Celebrity sailings (got boring and dull!)...thanks in advance for your info.

Haven guests can reserve both dining and show seating online 120 days prior to sailing date.  I always book mine the day that they become available even if the date/time is not exactly my preference.  At least, I have a reservation and can hopefully change it once on board.  Waiting until on board to make reservations might result in you not getting desired bookings even with the assistance of the concierge.    They will do their best to accommodate but sometimes it simply doesn't work out.  

28 minutes ago, jemz1949 said:

Haven guests can reserve both dining and show seating online 120 days prior to sailing date.  I always book mine the day that they become available even if the date/time is not exactly my preference.  At least, I have a reservation and can hopefully change it once on board.  Waiting until on board to make reservations might result in you not getting desired bookings even with the assistance of the concierge.    They will do their best to accommodate but sometimes it simply doesn't work out.  

It's actually 130 days out now. Book early. There are a lot of Haven guests on the mega-ships and getting face time with the concierge on the first day can be a bit of a hassle -- especially when there are other things you'd rather be doing. Plus, we haven't had the best of luck with the concierge getting us exactly what we want.