River motion

hylasgirl

I was just wondering if there was anyone out there that could tell me what kind of motion to expect on a river cruise? Is there much pitch at all like on the big ship... how about roll? They look too long to have too much pitch but I have a friend that I am trying to talk into going and she gets sea sick on the big ships... it is manageable but I figures you all would know more.

Thanks for any info...

The two river cruises--one on the Seine and the other from the Black Sea to Amsterdam--were as smooth as glass. You hardly felt any movement at all. If you decide to try one, don't take a room at the front of the ship on a lower deck level. The bow thrusters are used going thru locks--can really make noise in the middle of a good nites sleep. It is really wonderful to hae both banks of the river close enough to enjoy the scenery. Go and enjoy! Pat

Last summer we cruised the Danube from Budapest to Prague. I am so prone to motion sickness that I avoid high speed elevators (no kidding!)

and I couldn't feel the river boat move at all. It was such a pleasure watching the countryside go by without being queasy. From now on, no more ocean cruising--only rivers for us. Your friend will be fine!

Archived