Need FLL hotel suggestions..many sold out!

scsagh

Have gotten the list of hotels in the area of 17th from TrentS and Bequia. We are looking more in the budget range. Extended Stay and Holiday Inn, along with most of the others are sold out for March 25. We were able to reserve the AmeriSuites, but after the last few posts, that doesn't sound like the BEST option. Does anyone have any other suggestions? We won't be getting to the hotel until around 11:30 p.m. and leaving for the port in the a.m., so mainly looking for a clean, quiet place to sleep for the night. Other amenities aren't critical.

Thanks!

Thanks, Pooh & Bequia. I'll will check into these hotels. We are cruising out of Port of Miami, so being close to Port Everglades isn't important.

Does this change or add more to suggestions at all?

Thanks again!

Sandy

SCSAGH

Good morning

Just booked the Best Western Windsor Inn located in Hollywood, half way between FLL & MIA. Can not vouch for condition however the price for a one night stay is under $ 100.00. BW just purchased the property & underwent refurb.

Maybe Pooh & Bequia can critique this property for us.

Whatever you choose, good or bad ,be happy and enjoy your cruise.

SCSAGH

Good morning

Just booked the Best Western Windsor Inn located in Hollywood, half way between FLL & MIA. Can not vouch for condition however the price for a one night stay is under $ 100.00. BW just purchased the property & underwent refurb.

Maybe Pooh & Bequia can critique this property for us.

Whatever you choose, good or bad ,be happy and enjoy your cruise.

Best Western WINDSOR INN is NOT in Hollywood, but at Biscayne and 123rd Street in North Miami... NOT a nice hotel. It's quite old, was originally a Howard Johnsons in the 1960s, became quite run down and closed for a time, then reopened as a Holiday Inn, and just recently became a BW. The neighborhood is pretty iffy, and you'll definitely need a car.

If the SE 17th Street hotels are sold out try some of these...

Marriott Courtyard Dania Beach... http://marriott.com/property/propertypage/FLLHT

Holiday Inn Hollywood... http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/hi/1/en/hd/fllas

La Quinta Hollywood... http://www.lq.com/lq/properties/propertyProfile.do?ident=LQ985

Hampton Inn downtown Fort Lauderdale... http://www.hamptoninnftlauderdale.com/

Although some have had bad experiences with this hotel, our recent stay was fine. We booked it for our pre cruise stay, knowing that we were getting in rather late and would be checking out after breakfast.

Our flight was delayed and we missed the last shuttle to the hotel. Our room was fine,and it is very convenient to the port.

The free breakfast buffet included fresh fruit and fruit salad, assorted rolls and buns, white bread, english muffins and bagels. Cream cheese, butter and assorted jams and jellies. Pre-made scrambled eggs, bacon and sausage, 2% and regular milk, orange juice and a 'make your own waffle' station. The cab fare from the airport was around $12 and to the port was around $7- we didn't wait for the shuttle in the morning because of the huge crowd.

There is no room service, restuarant, but just across the lot is a restuarant and next to that is a steak house.

The other hotels for this week were also filled, so the choices were limited.

Post cruise we stayed at the Holiday Inn on the beach, which was fine but the weather was very chilly- but the view of the ocean was worth it. Next time I might look into the Hollywood area.

Thanks for your take on the AmeriSuites, Crisp1. Like you, I think we will arrive too late for the shuttle from the airport. What night of the week did you stay? We would be there on a Saturday, so I'm just trying to make sure we don't arrive at 11:30 p.m. and have no room or a room in smoking. I'm very sensitive to smoke and don't want to start out the cruise getting sick right away.

scsagh, We stayed on a Wednesday- I think there were 4 ships in port- and our hotel had a home inspection group there. I would call the hotel directly a couple of days before and maybe the day of arrival to re confirm your reservation and the fact that you need a non smoking room. I don't think you'll have any problems. The people at the front desk were very nice, specially the gal that looked like Tony Soparano's sister:)

I can second trents recommendation for the Hollywood holiday inn. It is very nice and has a quick shuttle from the airport. The people were wonderful and it was $104 per night. Has a Denny's right across street and a small restaurant and bar at the hotel. To get to the pier in thier own shuttles was $10 apiece (port everglades)

Archived