Port of Miami car rental advice

diverdon48371

Taking a cruise from port of Miami, flying home from Fort Lauderdale. My flight is not until 4:30 PM and I am looking for some advise on renting a car near the port and dropping of at FLL. If anyone has done this lately, could you please let me know where you rented the car(agency), location(airport, downtown...), was there a shuttle, how long was the wait for the shuttle, and was there any issue picking up the car(long wait...). Thank You in advance.

Don

National, Alamo, Thrifty and Enterprise offer shuttles between their MIA airport location and POM. If you get a deal from another agency at the airport a cab will run $27 or you can Uber for under $20

Hertz, Avid and others have downtown locations, close to the port.  Some reports that they sometimes are overwhelmed by cruisers, leading to delays.  Both offer shuttles or you can taxi for about $12+ or Uber for under $10

Used the Avis near POM last year. Made the mistake of choosing a rental car pick up time of 10:30am. Got there at 9:00am and they made us wait until 10:30am to get our car. Would use them again, just choose your pick up time carefully. 

They do have a free shuttle.