Cozumel Humane Society - Has anybody volunteered?

Tapi

Hello:

We will be sailing to Cozumel aboard the Carnival Fantasy next month. We have been there more times than I can count, including land vacations, and done most of the touristy stuff. So for this visit we wanted to do something different and looked for volunteer opportunities. I came across the Cozumel Humane Society which is apparently located within a short distance of the pier where Carnival normally docks. They provide volunteer opportunities at their facilities and encourage people to bring donations, including pet food, household cleaners, and used towels. 

Has anybody reading this volunteered there? Is it truly near the port and easy to find? Have you brought donations from the US and did you have trouble bringing these items onboard the ship? I’m planning on bringing one suitcase with bags of dog food and used towels. 

Thanks for for any information that anyone may provide!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tapi said:

Hello:

We will be sailing to Cozumel aboard the Carnival Fantasy next month. We have been there more times than I can count, including land vacations, and done most of the touristy stuff. So for this visit we wanted to do something different and looked for volunteer opportunities. I came across the Cozumel Humane Society which is apparently located within a short distance of the pier where Carnival normally docks. They provide volunteer opportunities at their facilities and encourage people to bring donations, including pet food, household cleaners, and used towels. 

Has anybody reading this volunteered there? Is it truly near the port and easy to find? Have you brought donations from the US and did you have trouble bringing these items onboard the ship? I’m planning on bringing one suitcase with bags of dog food and used towels. 

Thanks for for any information that anyone may provide!

I don’t know if you have tried the search engine for this forum,  I haven’t been but I have read discussions and reviews on this subject from people that have volunteered. 

In case you havent seen it, the Cozumel Humane Society website has a list of items that they require and a map with directions to the facility. 

Edited by c-leg5

11 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

I don’t know if you have tried the search engine for this forum,  I haven’t been but I have read discussions and reviews on this subject from people that have volunteered. 

In case you havent seen it, the Cozumel Humane Society website has a list of items that they require and a map with directions to the facility. 

Thanks! I did check out their website. I do need to conduct a more through search in these forums for experiences from others. It was on another Cozumel thread where I first learned about this opportunity.

Edited by Tapi

• 3 weeks later...

We have volunteered there many times. We usually take treats, balls, collars, basically anything dogs or cats will like. We usually spend several hours there. We take four or five dogs for a long walk / run and return them and get another group. They are so super excited when they know they are getting out. My daughter just loves it!  After lots of exercise, the kids love to play with the cats and dogs. They welcome you to stay as long as you like.

• Thanks 2