JAX PORT QUESTIONS

Cruisegirl6

Hello,

We have 11:30 boarding time, its been awhile since I cruised out of Jax Port and just making sure things haven't changed.  We generally arrive at 10:15am to the port and park our car and need a handicap spot for my father in law who is coming with us, will we have problems arriving that early?  I am platinum so not sure if that means anything.

I would start early, maybe 1000.  Last time our longest wait was to get into the port.  Make sure you have your boarding passes handy for the gate attendant.  I think the delay may be the long line for people dropping off luggage and passengers at the terminal.  We travel light and go straight to the parking lot.  They do have shuttles running around the lot to carry people to the terminal.  EM

2 hours ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

Hello,

We have 11:30 boarding time, its been awhile since I cruised out of Jax Port and just making sure things haven't changed.  We generally arrive at 10:15am to the port and park our car and need a handicap spot for my father in law who is coming with us, will we have problems arriving that early?  I am platinum so not sure if that means anything.

Arriving at 10:15 am at Jaxport to park may be OK, but usually there are long lines of cars entering the port.

In our experience lately ,  arriving at the terminal before 10:30am we had issues.  Boarding usually does not start until at least 11:15 or later sometimes.  

So enjoy a late sleep in, and long breakfast.   We live about 10 minutes from Jaxport and usually try to arrive at the port around 10:45 or so.  We wait a bit, but not too long.  

We got there at noon on our cruise and had very few issues, we had suites so priority boarding as well and the little lounge where you are held until they come get you. Everyone was very nice even though I'd forgotten my boarding pass.