Booked...then got a message from a PVP...but they cant help now?

nursemommy7578

When you go online to their website and start entering contact information, it triggers a call and/or email from one of their reps. This is done to follow up. If someone was just browsing or started the booking process but didn’t complete it, these reps can provide the encouragement needed to complete the booking. 

With that said, if you have already completed the booking process online, the rep calling you doesn’t get paid for said booking. They only get paid for bookings that they finalize. In theory, they could help you further, but they would be doing so for free and out of the goodness of their heart. Many choose not to because time spent with you is time taken away from cruisers who did book through them and who they have an obligation to assist with all of their cruise needs. If you need further assistance with your booking and you need to speak to a live person, you will need to call the general reservations number, not one of these dedicated reps.

A lot of people who book their cruises directly through one of these reps love having one point of contact for any help that they may need, plus it makes for a more personal experience with better customer service. But if you’re someone who books your cruise online and never or rarely speaks to anybody at the cruise line until the day you arrive in port, then you don’t have much to worry about. 

Edited by Tapi

3 minutes ago, nursemommy7578 said:

I see.  So anything I want to add to our cruise I have to call and speak to someone? (vow renewal).  Ok  no biggie.  Thanks

Yep! I've never planned anything like that, but there might even be a special shore-side department that could help you. Maybe someone here on the boards has some contact info. Good luck, and welcome to Celebrity!

2 hours ago, nursemommy7578 said:

I see.  So anything I want to add to our cruise I have to call and speak to someone? (vow renewal).  Ok  no biggie.  Thanks

I remembered seeing something on the website. 

https://celebrityweddings.eweddingcalendar.com/

https://celebrityweddings.eweddingcalendar.com/How-The-Wedding-Calendar-Works

Edited by bengaltiger1
  • Like 1