Cuba passport question

kek123

Wondering if anyone knows if you need to show the full passport book or if the USA passport card will be sufficient when entering Havana? I generally prefer to not walk around with the book if I don't have too. 

A quick internet search revealed the following link to guidance--published by Carnival Corporation--relative to travel in Cuba...  Such information wouldn't vary by cruise line and appears to be current...

https://www.carnival.com/awaywego/cruising-fun/how-to-plan/everything-you-need-to-know-before-cruising-to-cuba

Bottom line is that Carnival indicates that a Passport Card or a Birth Certificate/Photo ID combo is insufficient for a US citizen to enter Cuba; a Passport Book is required...  Given that Cuba considers the Passport Card unacceptable for entry, I would not personally consider it sufficient for tourism/"walking around" purposes once entry has been granted...

Edited by Xport

Passport books are required for the pink visa stamp given by the government of Cuba on the first day of entry.  We were also required to show that same passport book, with its pink Cuban stamp , each of the 6 days we recently spent off the Journey in our three Cuban ports. Your photo is also taken by the immigration official on the first day of entry.  So, yes, you must carry your full passport book daily. 

• Like 1