Rome to Naples

2KentuckyCats

Your posts are confusing -- are you going to Naples or to Venice?

At any rate, when you previously asked the same question re: train travel from Rome to Venice, I and several other posters gave you good, detailed information on how to book and use the train, that thread is here:  

If you have decided to go to Naples instead, it is equally easy to use the train and the trip is shorter. Same directions apply regarding booking your tickets. The station in Naples is Napoli Centrale.

The fastest trains take between two and a half and three hours and all require a change of trains at Rome Termini.  Most of these connections require a three block walk (about a third of a mile) from the Lazio regional lines to the main track head for the high speed train to Naples.

There is one option that doesn't require a change, the IC.  There's only one each morning, departing Civitavecchia at 9:24 and arriving to Napoli Centrale at 12:29 (three hours travel time).   These are older trains and not as nice as the Frecce trains, but for a three hour ride I would trade off the nicer train for the convenience of only boarding and dealing with my luggage once.  These trains are also the one exception to my rule about never paying for first class, in these trains there is a real difference.  

17 hours ago, euro cruiser said:

The fastest trains take between two and a half and three hours and all require a change of trains at Rome Termini.  Most of these connections require a three block walk (about a third of a mile) from the Lazio regional lines to the main track head for the high speed train to Naples.

There is one option that doesn't require a change, the IC.  There's only one each morning, departing Civitavecchia at 9:24 and arriving to Napoli Centrale at 12:29 (three hours travel time).   These are older trains and not as nice as the Frecce trains, but for a three hour ride I would trade off the nicer train for the convenience of only boarding and dealing with my luggage once.  These trains are also the one exception to my rule about never paying for first class, in these trains there is a real difference.  

If their first post is accurate, I think the OP plans to stay in Rome a few days first, so will be heading to Naples from Rome, not Civitavecchia.  Thus, they can board at Termini and will not need to change trains....

6 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

If their first post is accurate, I think the OP plans to stay in Rome a few days first, so will be heading to Naples from Rome, not Civitavecchia.  Thus, they can board at Termini and will not need to change trains....

Well then, in the voice of Emily Litella, "never mind".  (Gilda Radner was a comic genius.)