Arcade costs

tdggal1980

Hey fellow cruisers!

Usually DH and I cruise without the kids but we’re taking them on their first one in June.  We know they’re going to want to go to the arcade and was wondering what the current pricing is (trying to come up with a daily allowance for them).

Thanks!

We just got back from 7 day cruise with 2 teens & 2 adults, our cruise offered 2 advertised 'half price' hours in the arcade during the week, we also got half price on embarkation evening.  Multi-person costs more & so does higher tech.  I would say we spent the bulk of our time in these types of games.  We only visited during the 'sale' & we spent $35 between the 4 of us.  So, would have been $70 during regular hours & we certainly didn't go every day (too much to do on this ship).  Hopefully, this info helps you plan, the price is indicated before you swipe payment, if you want to set a per game limit with the kids.  As I look at our bill I see games billed for as little as $.60 & as much as $10.45 (think this was a 4 person game).  The average looks to be $2 on sale, $4 normal price.

• Like 1

If your kids are at the age that they can go on their own to the arcade you can go to guest services and have a limit set for daily arcade charges for extra insurance. These charges can add up very quickly as I learned by experience several years ago when my children were younger. Have a great cruise!

16 hours ago, Shocker4 said:

We just got back from 7 day cruise with 2 teens & 2 adults, our cruise offered 2 advertised 'half price' hours in the arcade during the week, we also got half price on embarkation evening.  Multi-person costs more & so does higher tech.  I would say we spent the bulk of our time in these types of games.  We only visited during the 'sale' & we spent $35 between the 4 of us.  So, would have been $70 during regular hours & we certainly didn't go every day (too much to do on this ship).  Hopefully, this info helps you plan, the price is indicated before you swipe payment, if you want to set a per game limit with the kids.  As I look at our bill I see games billed for as little as $.60 & as much as $10.45 (think this was a 4 person game).  The average looks to be $2 on sale, $4 normal price.

Great info!! We’re these half price hours shown in the Funtimes? Thank you!

On 1/21/2019 at 7:15 AM, JennPVMX said:

Great info!! We’re these half price hours shown in the Funtimes? Thank you!

Yes, they were, but more importantly on the Hub App, which I highly recommend, even if you don't pay extra for the chat function.  But, if your kids are old enough to have a phone and they're old enough to go the arcade alone, then I highly recommend the chat function so you can stay in touch with them.  I saw where I was able to set spending limits for my kids while setting up our accounts online but I could not see a "daily" limit, just overall limit, and I did not see where I could specify just the arcade spending.  Also, on the app, I could see everyone who was linked to me and my credit card on the app.  I could see what they spent, who, and where and at what time of day.  May want to warn the kids you'll have this power, uh-I mean ability. 

44 minutes ago, Shocker4 said:

Yes, they were, but more importantly on the Hub App, which I highly recommend, even if you don't pay extra for the chat function.  But, if your kids are old enough to have a phone and they're old enough to go the arcade alone, then I highly recommend the chat function so you can stay in touch with them.  I saw where I was able to set spending limits for my kids while setting up our accounts online but I could not see a "daily" limit, just overall limit, and I did not see where I could specify just the arcade spending.  Also, on the app, I could see everyone who was linked to me and my credit card on the app.  I could see what they spent, who, and where and at what time of day.  May want to warn the kids you'll have this power, uh-I mean ability. 

Perfect!! I will definitely get the Hub app. Thank you so much! Great info.