Hawaii 10 day Journeys- Questions

Xmansmom

So for those that are planning let me share what I have planned. Then I will give you reviews for all of it.

It is me (41), DH (53) and DS (10).  We are flying from Virginia (USA) on the Sat before the Friday sail date. So 6 days in Oahu before the cruise. I have booked an AirBNB in Hauula (close to Northshore).
AirBNB- Beach front cottage. It is at a condo location but a separate cottage. Still get use of the amenities (pool, washers and dryers) https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/18076704?guests=1&adults=1

I bought us the Oahu Go card from Groupon. the 3 day one.

I used the Go Cards to book a shoreline fishing tour for Sunday Morning so my boys can get some advice before the rest of our week there. They have bought collapsible fishing rods for our time in Oahu. 

I also used the cards to book Pearl Harbor-USS Arizona-Honolulu City through Roberts Hawaii. Doing this on Monday

And to book the Ka Moana Lu'au at the Sea Life Park. It includes admission to the park. We are doing that Sunday evening.

Separate from my Go Card reservations, I booked cage diving with sharks for Thursday. Through North Shore Shark Adventures

I also plan to try to get to the Aloha Stadium Swap Meet & Marketplace that is Sundays and Wednesdays 6:30 am to 3 pm (though I here that everyone is packing up by noon). And may try a beginners diving thing or a hike up Diamondhead

For the cruise, we have already pre-booked chef's table. We have done this every cruise (except Alaska) and have loved it every time.

For excursions (all booked privately)"

Hilo- renting a car using a free day I had accumulated

Maui- "Hana Bound" through Adventure Maui

Kauai- Snorkling Cruise- Blue Dolphin Charters

Kona- Off shore fishing using Camelot fishing charters

Throughout the week I will try to post while we are in Hawaii. And be warned I love to take pictures. I will share some here,. I look forward to sharing.

Edited by Xmansmom
Addition
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I want to do the April, 2020 one but it's over Easter and DH is a pastor.  Kinda hard to be gone on Easter.  Looking at September, November, or December on a 14 or 15 day RT from California.  Looking forward to info from Xmansmom!

• 2 weeks later...

So excited to find this thread! We are 99% sure we r booking April 2020. This is on my dads bucket list so trying to make it happen. I haven’t been able to find a lot of information about the ten day cruise. This will be our 16th cruise. Most on carnival. Looking at air b n bs they’re so much cheaper. Probably renting a car in most places. Love the reminder about Groupon. We went to Maui in 1997 for our honeymoon and loved it! Looking forward to visiting the other islands. There are 5 of us now but another family might be joining us. I’ll be the planner so it’s a lot of pressure! Keep the tips coming!