Rental Car in St. John's Newfoundland or Uber?

nowornever

1 hour ago, nowornever said:

Yes that's the one.  We were in St. John's last fall but missed it. Looks like an uphill climb so will probably use a taxi ....  Is there Uber or Lyft? 

sorry  do not know on the Uber  .

Yes  it does look like an uphill walk

Uber is not available in Newfoundland. There are taxis though. The Geo Centre is on a long stretch up hill towards Signal Hill. I would suggest hiring a taxi to drive you up to Signal Hill so you can experience the landscape from up there and the history and then either walk down the hill to the Geo Centre or ask the taxi driver to head back down the hill and drop you off there.

Thank  you so much RaeRae.  Great info.  We stopped in St. John's last Sept. & did an excursion to Signal Hill & to a point of land that was spectacular BUT the rain was coming down so hard that you could barely see anything & the wind was howling so walking to the point was wayyy too difficult for me so I admired from afar...as best I could.  People who did the Geo Centre excursion didn't stop raving about it.  We were jealous so this year we are determined to go there.  We will take your advice & get a taxi.  We are only there for about 5 hours...last stop before crossing to Ireland.  I really appreciate you taking the time to respond.

You're most welcome! The Geo Centre is only about a 5 minute car ride from St. John's harbour so you should have tons of time to enjoy it and roam around the downtown area a bit. 🙂 I hope you have better weather this time!