Maya Chan sold out on my day... plan B?

sharse

Sadly Maya Chan is not an option for me next month.  I was thinking my plan B would be Yaya Beach because they're in Shore Trips and I really trust Shore Trips.  But I'm thinking maybe I should just wing it and wander up and down the Boardwalk?  Stop in and have a cold one... wander to the next place... find a third place for some tacos... 

Would it be unwise to arrive without a plan?  Are there plenty of places where I could enjoy the beach without booking one of the all day all inclusive?  I'll be by myself wandering at my leisure.  Thanks for your thoughts and advice. 

The malecon places are out there basically begging for customers. So you can totally wing it.  Another option would be to get on a waiting list for Maya Chan. If they don't have a spot open up, then just head to the malecon. 

You don't need to pre-book, there are lots of places along the malecon, some PAYG and some AI.

I would take some time on this forum to familiarize yourself with the names of some places you might be interested in as I think walking the Malecon aimlessly on your own could be rather overwhelming -  the bars are literally one after another.

I would say try and have some kind of plan and again look up some reviews otherwise the taxi will drop you off at a bar they probably get a cut from. 

We took a taxi approx. $6 for the car or there was a trolley bus at $6 each. There are many bars which seem to operate as private beaches. Our taxi dropped us at Big mammas, he said we could have sun beds for free if we ate at their bar. So far so good, except they definitely operated a two tier pricing system. a bucket of 5 beers was approx. $25, a small fish platter for 4 was $80 then at the end the bill came with 18.5% GST (VAT) added. The guy said he was only paid $5 a day plus tips.  So overall an all inclusive beach would have been a cheaper option.    

The Maya Chan rep is barely down the street from the taxis.  Could always walk over there and ask if anything is available.  If nothing, then jump in a cab.  Just email Maya Chan and ask for directions.