Entertainment and shows on the Navigator?

I didn't go to many of them, but don't miss the ice show!! It was great! I know they had a couple that did a routine with hula-hoops that was really amazing, but I think I read they have left the ship. :( Nonetheless, it's a great show, but you have to go down and get tickets, they will tell you when. Just get there early, and if I remember right, they hand out tickets, because the rink has a pax limit. It's free, but you still need to get the tickets.(crowd control)

You definitely made the right choice with the NOS!!:) It's a stunning ship.

I didn't go to many of them, but don't miss the ice show!! It was great! I know they had a couple that did a routine with hula-hoops that was really amazing, but I think I read they have left the ship. :( Nonetheless, it's a great show, but you have to go down and get tickets, they will tell you when. Just get there early, and if I remember right, they hand out tickets, because the rink has a pax limit. It's free, but you still need to get the tickets.(crowd control)

You definitely made the right choice with the NOS!!:) It's a stunning ship.

Thanks, we're look forward to the Navigator, our other choice was the Adventure, but it was a $400 difference for the same accomodations. I prefer the Southern and Eastrn Carib to the West, but I'm not going for the ports, I'm going for the fun. We could sail in a circle for a week and I would be happy, as long as the seas was calm.

We have a late seating for dinner, is the ice show after the late seating and will it be as crowded?

Thanks, we're look forward to the Navigator, our other choice was the Adventure, but it was a $400 difference for the same accomodations. I prefer the Southern and Eastrn Carib to the West, but I'm not going for the ports, I'm going for the fun. We could sail in a circle for a week and I would be happy, as long as the seas was calm.

We have a late seating for dinner, is the ice show after the late seating and will it be as crowded?

I can't remember. Here's my review, although, I did not address it, but sure thought I did....sorry. It wasn't crowded though, we walked right in, and good seats were still available. I think we went before dinner, and had like 15 minutes after the show to get to dinner. I think it was like at 7:00-7:30? There are 2 shows, but they are on different nights.

Here ya go...lots of good stuff in it...it's long...(pix are no longer there though)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=180051

go on a cruise and not see the shows? Thats a crime!

See all you can. They are usually very good. Beatlemania is awesome.

I could be wrong & please correct me if I am but I think you mean Rain. It's a Beatles tribute that includes former members of Beatlemania. I saw them on the Grandeur a few years ago and you are right. They are awesome. That is one show that is a must see.

I just got off Navigator and Rain was not performing. I thought the entertainment was tragic. But take it with a grain of salt, b/c I'm not much for production shows in general. There was one very funny comedian - an African American guy - I forget his name. He performed in the middle of cruise and departed in Jamaica.

Just off NOS. Ice show was great. Comedian was funny. Wouldn't miss Quest. Mark B. in Two Poets Pub was good (we spend most of our time in there).

We just booked this cruise and would love to hear anything and everything about it. :)

Did you write a review? Can you answer any of these questions?

Who is the Captain?

Cruise director?

Was the band any good?

How about the activities?

We are doing Western, if you did the same route, what nights were formal nights?

What is the cost for Chops or Portifino's on this ship?

Thanks in advance for anything you can answer :)

Bobbie

We just booked this cruise and would love to hear anything and everything about it. :)

Did you write a review? Can you answer any of these questions?

Who is the Captain?

Cruise director?

Was the band any good?

How about the activities?

We are doing Western, if you did the same route, what nights were formal nights?

What is the cost for Chops or Portifino's on this ship?

Thanks in advance for anything you can answer :)

Bobbie

I sailed NOS in May 05.

I am a former professional dancer, and I thought the dancers and singers were VERY talented. I prefered the broadway snippet show they did over the other show they did (drawing a blank of what it was). 2 particular singers were just awesome in the entertainment.

I PERSONALLY did not enjoy the ice show, kinda boring for me, EXCEPT the fabulous couple that twirled the rings...now THEY were really good.

In the bars, the house band they had was decent... not spectacular, but they kept the crowd moving in the lounges at night. 2 Poets singer was entertaining too.

We had Ken Rush as our cruise director, and I thought he was hilarious.

Dont miss Quest or Love and Marriage...although Ken Rush "made" these for us.... he was just very very good host.

Formal nights... they were Sunday and I THINK Thursday.

Chops and Portifino were a $20 fee per person. WORTH EVERY PENNY in both places.

You are choosing a really good ship. Definitely a must sail!!!

Thanks..... I am sooooo excited about this one. I have always wanted to sail this ship. Ken Rush was our cruise director on a previous ship.... I can't remember which one. Hmmm oh well, guess I will take a look at my pictures and figure it out. If formal night is Sunday, that will make it Super Bowl Sunday. Maybe room service will deliver to the bar? !

FYI there is a new ice show on some ships. It was new on the Voyager in October and a lot better than the old one. I think you would like it. I, like you was a bit bored at precious ice shows.

They are amazing for the fact that they are in the middle of the ocean on a moving ship, but this one would have been good off the ocean :)

Thanks for the info...it's much appreciated.

Bobbie

I could be wrong & please correct me if I am but I think you mean Rain. It's a Beatles tribute that includes former members of Beatlemania. I saw them on the Grandeur a few years ago and you are right. They are awesome. That is one show that is a must see.

beatles, schmeatles!

There are a LOT of Beatles tribute bands! and on RCCL too!

On ships, I've see Beatlemania, Beatlemaniacs, Rain, Revolution

Rain is the best - with a close following of Revolution (older guys - look like beatles do/would today - great sound a likes) and Beatlemaniacs (younger guys, used to be a lounge band, very energetic and entertaining). Beatlemania . . eh . . . .so, so in comparison

Dave - you might be thinking Rain guys are ex-members of the "beatlemania' stage show - no relation to the cover band . . . somewhere I remember a website discussing all this . . .

in the meantime . .

ICE SHOWS!!!!!!! don't miss them!

I will definitely check out any new ice show.. no doubt..

Ken Rush is heading to the Freedom of the Seas, so unless I can rack up some big bucks sometime in the near future.. I wont have him on my cruises for awhile :)

I am pretty positive the first formal night for our Western was Sunday.. my husband just said he thought so too. Superbowl on the cruise.. HOW EXCITING!!!! :) :)

Have a blast! Make sure you get to port of miami early and board to avoid the massive line that forms later. We got on at 1130 and beat it. There are 3500+ boarding, and it shows after noon/1230!!

Again, have fun! We really loved our cruise on this ship.

beatles, schmeatles!

There are a LOT of Beatles tribute bands! and on RCCL too!

On ships, I've see Beatlemania, Beatlemaniacs, Rain, Revolution

Rain is the best - with a close following of Revolution (older guys - look like beatles do/would today - great sound a likes) and Beatlemaniacs (younger guys, used to be a lounge band, very energetic and entertaining). Beatlemania . . eh . . . .so, so in comparison

Dave - you might be thinking Rain guys are ex-members of the "beatlemania' stage show - no relation to the cover band . . . somewhere I remember a website discussing all this . . .

in the meantime . .

ICE SHOWS!!!!!!! don't miss them!

Thanks for the info. I had no idea there were that many Beatle tributes working on the ships, and yes I meant the Rain members were in the Beatlemania stage show.

Archived