Flight arrival/departure times?

Paper_tiger

Hello there, I was hoping to pick your expert brains for just a little while regarding the best times for flights on my upcoming cruise.

I'm going out of Miami on the Carnival Elation on 4/22 for an 8 day cruise. Embarkation starts at 1:30pm and the ship leaves at 4pm. Then the ship docks back into Miami at 8am on 4/30. I should (most likely) be flying out of New Orleans, since flights seem mostly back to normal. :) My plan as of now is to leave super early (as in 6am-7amish) the day of the cruise and depart the day of, at whatever time is found to be good.

I hear flying the day of the cruise can be a risky venture, but I'm hoping to save money and also by flying extremely early, make any delays not be as big a thing. So, my main questions are, any horror stories to relate of flying in the day of the cruise? Is leaving N.O. really early in the morning the day of the cruise a help? What time is good for me to book a return flight if we dock at 8am (I know I have to allow time for immigration, drug searches, traffic, etc. etc.)

Thanks in advance.

Many of us cannot travel a day ahead and travel day of all the time. If you take the earliest possible flight you can, you should be fine if it can get you there at least 4 hours before the ship is supposed to depart.

As for the return flight, don't book a flight leaving before noon, after 1pm would be even better.

Archived