Carnival Insurance and Prepaid Gratuity questions

Tigergenesis

A few questions.....

1. Can only 1 person in a cabin elect the Vacation Protection if their roomie is not interested - or do both people have to if 1 person in the cabin wants the protection? 
  2. What about the prepaid gratuities - can just one person prepay if the other wants to have it added to their sign & sail?
  3. We are cruising on April 21st.  What is the latest we can add Vacation Protection and Prepay Gratuities?

TIA  🙂

Edited by Tigergenesis
spelling correction

I just found out that everyone in the cabin does have to do the same with regard to prepaid tips, but vacation protection seems to be an individual decision. Still trying to figure out what is the latest someone can add the vacation protection and what is the latest someone can prepay for to ities.

The website says anytime up to sail date for prepaying gratuities, I think it is 14 days prior to sailing for the Carnival insurance, third party policies all have their own rules, but up to the day before in some cases.  A quick call to Carnival can answer both time limit questions.

Edited by cherylandtk
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, summersigh said:

We always buy insurance at the time we book .... but if I'm not mistaken -  if you have a preexisting condition you have to get it sooner after booking than regular

I get my insurance now through Squaremouth.com, or Insuremytrip.com, but in general I think you have 2 weeks after booking to get insurance with a pre-existing condition coverage.  If you book last minute & have to pay everything right then - perhaps it is less time.  I know I have bought full insurance with pre-existing coverage months after booking, which cost a lot & had few options for carriers - but I was able to do it.