Embarkation Lunch on Celebrity Edge

helenb

It's been a few years since we sailed Celebrity, but our past few X cruises were on Equinox and Silhouette. On embarkation day we always avoided the buffet and had lunch in Bistro on 5, which was a wonderful way to start our cruise.

Is this option available on Edge? Will we be able to go to Le Grand Bistro on embarkation day for lunch? (We're not concierge class, so we wouldn't be able to have lunch in the dining room.) If not, are there other options for lunch besides the buffet?

A recent Edge cruiser just posted the dailies from his January sailing, and it looks like Le Grand Bistro (as well as a few other venues) are open on embarkation day. I was excited to see this too, as Bistro on 5 was always one of my favorites. 

https://www.cruisehabit.com/content/celebrity-edge-january-13-2019-7-night-eastern-caribbean-celebrity-today

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, helenb said:

It's been a few years since we sailed Celebrity, but our past few X cruises were on Equinox and Silhouette. On embarkation day we always avoided the buffet and had lunch in Bistro on 5, which was a wonderful way to start our cruise.

Is this option available on Edge? Will we be able to go to Le Grand Bistro on embarkation day for lunch? (We're not concierge class, so we wouldn't be able to have lunch in the dining room.) If not, are there other options for lunch besides the buffet?

Hi Helen, which cruise are you booked on ?? We are on the 19th August 2019 Greece and Amalfi Coast

Thank you, Alishac! music to my ears!

Presto2, we are on the June 29 sailing from Rome to Barcelona. Our teenage son is doing a volunteer trip to Tanzania for 2 weeks this summer and this cruise fit in perfectly with his absence, so my husband and I decided to take advantage and do a romantic 'just the two of us' trip, which we haven't done in over a decade. We are very much looking forward to it!

One venue that doesn't seem to get much attention is the grab and go at Le Grand Bistro.  For certain windows of time you can get pastries and crepes there.  There is an additional fee, but it's nominal.  On our December sailing this was open right at embarkation.  I didn't notice one way or the other in January, but it is noted in Celebrity today as being open at noon.  You can find "Le Grand Bistro Terrace & To Go" listed under Coffe & Snacks.

• 4 weeks later...

Mike and I will be going to Rome and the Greek isles in September 2019 on the Edge

any tips ?

what time will they allow boarding?

whats the best and cheapest way to get to the ship from FCO ?

how long will that take ?

any tours you recommend ?

catching a flight to return to the states at 11:15 am. Ship docks at 5 am

how early can we disembark?