Yukon Drive question

sclitlady

We will be in Skagway from 7am to 8pm in July. I have booked a 2:30 Temsco helicopter trip. We wanted to know if we would have time to drive into Caribou Crossing so that our boys could ride the dog cart ride before our flight. I figured if we were at the office at 8 am and got on the road before 8:30 we might be able to do it and be back by 2:30. I just need some advice from someone who has done the drive. I am thinking we can do it if we drive straight out there and then see how much time we have for stopping on the way back. I appreciate any advice you can offer.

Thanks,

Debbie

I would suggest you consider booking a later trip with TEMSCO.

You can most likely do the drive easily, but it is best enjoyed without being on a fixed return schedule. If the dogs are a priority, allow plenty of time there.

It will work fine - your plan to drive straight through and make whatever stops you have time for on the way back to Skagway is what is needed. Five hours is a good time to allow for a relaxing trip, though the dogs could add a bit to that.

Murray

Archived