SCAM Fraud world.airport.transfer

sysy007

Capture.thumb.PNG.f860ac70f371c4a1eddb369fbd8c769d.PNG

I made a payment for 2 people for 24-01-2019 8AM pick up at cruise port using my Mastercard. 5 hours later my card was compromised. "Deccameron all inclusiv Barcelona" billed me $1246 USD thru a telephone transaction.  I got instant notification for any transaction bill to my card.

Days later, world.airport.transfer email me that driver can only pick me up at 7AM instead of 8AM, signed by

Xyron, Travel Consultant, City Discovery - VELTRA Customer Service`

So I requested my booking to be cancelled and refund my money.

World.airport.transfer send me the following email. Seems they want to scam more fund out of me.

Since then I have file dispute with my creditcard bank.

Regretfully, your reservation under SRxxxx is cancelled and we tried to refund the amount but we encountered an error because we changed our payment gateway.

IN this case, we need the following details in order to refund via bank transfer:

"BENE.'S NAME 

ADDRESS  

Telephone number 

A/C NO 

Bank Name .  

Bank SWIFT   

Bank ADDRESS 

Bank Currency 

• 3 weeks later...

I Was just looking at a site to book a private transfer with a company. When I got to the payment part, it wouldn't let me make the payment with my CC. I tried twice. Then my phone rang and it was my CC company asking if I was trying to buy something in Japan. Turns out that this (I think) is the same company. When I googled Veltra.com it said that it used to be City Discovery and Veltra took it over. They are from Japan. I did not go ahead with my purchase. The lady from the CC company said she could not see any connection to the company I was trying to book with. It was called TouristActive.

2 hours ago, Moose12345 said:

I Was just looking at a site to book a private transfer with a company. When I got to the payment part, it wouldn't let me make the payment with my CC. I tried twice. Then my phone rang and it was my CC company asking if I was trying to buy something in Japan. Turns out that this (I think) is the same company. When I googled Veltra.com it said that it used to be City Discovery and Veltra took it over. They are from Japan. I did not go ahead with my purchase. The lady from the CC company said she could not see any connection to the company I was trying to book with. It was called TouristActive.

Glad you did not get scammed. They emailed  me a few times afterwards asking for my Paypal account and bank account for direct deposit. I give them nothing. My credit card bank is handling this dispute now.

Probably off topic but providing Paypal details it's pretty safe. Just create new PayPal account without link to funding (CC and/or bank). If funds are received they go to balance and then can transferred for free to "real" account.

• Like 1

On 2/20/2019 at 4:15 PM, hkto said:

Probably off topic but providing Paypal details it's pretty safe. Just create new PayPal account without link to funding (CC and/or bank). If funds are received they go to balance and then can transferred for free to "real" account.

Agree, create a new PayPal account and you should be fine.

• Like 1

On 3/1/2019 at 9:29 PM, sysy007 said:

Finally I go my money back thru credit card dispute. 

So happy to hear that you've received a refund. Thanks so much for following up with the news, it's helpful for everyone to know that these disputes have positive outcomes and are worth pursuing in addition to learning any information about all the details that you encountered from the time the fraud occurred. 

I also wanted to second a recommendation mentioned in this thread about using PayPal. I and some of my family use it to send each other money and I also use it to pay some other bills and it works without incident every time. I started using PayPal probably LONG before most people did and as with most things, initially it was not without a few hiccups but any issues that I had were remedied immediately and without any questions. Back then, they offered me a slim credit card sized random number generator to add an additional layer of security to my account login and I still use it, maybe because I once worked in banks and other financial institutions where we had multiple layers of security and loads of money was at stake....old habits. Since then, a number of years ago, I have not ever had to lodge one single dispute nor has anyone I am close with. Alas, if any outlet you are considering to use accepts PayPal you can feel confident using them. 

Thanks again for the great news and follow up 🙂

• Like 1