Does anyone go back to Carnival after trying Celebrity?

mfs2k

On 2/2/2019 at 12:25 AM, varoo said:

We cruise mainly on Celebrity, but we enjoy other cruise lines as well, including Carnival from time to time. 

Despite Carnival's reputation as a party cruise line, since the proliferation of the drink packages on Celebrity we have seen more drunks on Celebrity cruises than we ever saw on Carnival.

But for Carnival, we select longer, preferably one-way cruises that are not during school vacation times.  Those do not attract the party crowds. 

We like variety and believe the key is to enjoy each cruise line for what it offers. 

It is similar the way that we can enjoy steak one time and hotdogs another time.

We enjoy Chinese food,  Greek food,  Mexican food, ...... you get the idea.  When we go to a Mexican restaurant we are not disappointed that they didn't serve Italian or French food.

That’s a great analogy!  We have our first Celebrity cruise booked for next spring on Equinox after quite a few Carnival and several Viking (river and ocean). We have enjoyed all of our cruises for different reasons, and while some were better than others, we enjoyed them all. 

We are hoping that Celebrity will prove to be a happy medium between Carnival and Viking.  We love Viking, but they are at the top of our price range - worth it, but still pricey. I would also do another Carnival cruise out of Baltimore (love the Pride!) or NYC, or with family because Carnival works for them price-wise. But we won’t fly to cruise on Carnival. If I’m going to go through the bother of flying, I want something better at the end of the flight 😜

Keeping my fingers crossed that Celebrity works for us like I think it will. We don’t like big ships and would never consider the Edge. Equinox is at the top end of our size preference, but we booked a suite, so we are hoping that helps. I’ve been looking at the Summit out of Bayonne and I’m curious to see what it looks like after the “revolution.”  We wouldn’t do the Bermuda itineraries because we prefer to fly there and stay, but some of the other itineraries look interesting. We do love Canada/NE 

We also have an upcoming - this April - cruise on Azamara Journey, so we may have that to add into our mix. 

• Like 2

I just did my 19th cruise on Carnival in Feb. Have my 6th Celebrity cruise in May 12 and another Carnival cruise May 27. If price,itinerary and embarkation ports are what I am looking for I will do a cruise on any line.

Laura

• Like 1