Anyone heard from Oscar Brown?

beechfor

Has anyone heard back from Oscar Brown recently? Two of us have emailed him 3 times in the past couple of weeks without any reply. Before Christmas when I originally contacted him for descriptions of his tours he was very prompt in replying. Now that we want to confirm booking, we haven't heard anything from him.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! Just got back from our tour with Oscar -- if you need to contact him, his new email is the one listed in one of the reply's to your question -- the limonense email. He should respond pretty quickly -- if not him, his sister Carol. Have a great time!! It was FANTASTIC!!!!!

Had a great tour with Oscar. We had one van and his sister had another van and we toured together. I recommend the tour highly. Went to the banana plantation, Torturego Canal and saw howler monkeys, sloths, caimans, etc. Well done tour and very professionally handled.

Just back from our tour with Oscar on Jan 31, 2006. This tour was as fantastic as our day with him two years ago, even though it rained the entire day. Everyone on our tours was extremely please with the tour that we had, zipline, banana plantation, tour of the city, the canals, a stop at the market.

The email address is limonense03@yahoo.com his cell phone number that you can call him on is 011 506 350 6415.The email that he has had some trouble with in the past is cbrown@costarricense.cr Carol does help Oscar out with reservations, but will be returning from the states at some point. He is well worth the extra effort in getting in touch with him, as you will have a day that you will be talking about for days in the future.

Oscar is in the process of getting a website up and running so people can see first hand his transportation (top notch) and the tours that he offers. You can't beat the rates that he charges compared to the ship fees. You get so much more for your money and see so much more of the country.

When we were on the canals we were in a boat of about 12 people. The ship tour had about 40 people on their boats. Our boat gave us slickers to wear as it was raining, the ship tour just had plastic flaps that came down for shelter from the rain. If the flaps were down it would be hard to see any of the wild life. Our boat was able to back up and get closer to the shore as we weren't as large and could manuever around alot easier.

If you have any other questions about our day let me know.

Thanks to all those who replied with alternate email addresses. I was able to contact them at the yahoo address and we have our tour arranged for the beginning of April. Looking forward to his tour as we keep reading great reviews about him.

Driftwoodgal, guess we really lucked out on the weather. We were there on the 28th. It rained for about 10 minutes at the banana plantation. The rest of our tour had no rain. It did rain buckets while we were at the shops at the end of the pier but only lasted a few minutes.

Diane

legalslave,

Yep, I was a little bummed out with the weather as 15 of us were scheduled to do the zip line and 6 others to go on the tour just to watch and then on to the canals. Only two ziplined and 6 cancelled their tours due to the weather. We still had a wonderful time in spite of the rain. Oscar tried to keep us dodging the rain in areas by staying on his cell phone. He talked to the people in the canals so as soon as we drove up we were in a boat with Harlan, with slickers on and under the canopy. I wouldn't trade our day in Costa Rica at all as everyone had a wonderful time even with the rain. I did want everyone to see the Brilliance from El Faro, but the rain was to heavy. At the end of the tour I asked everyone if they had a good time...... I got a resounding "YES" from everyone.

When we are back in Puerto Limon again I will use Oscar Brown again. He really knows how to show off his country. We had some friends that did the ship tour for $25 more than we paid, and all they did was drive to the ship, tour the canals and the back to the ship. We got so much more for less money, and without the huge crowds.

Driftwoodgal,

Just wanted to echo Colleen's statements about the Jan 31 tour. Everyone that went had an absolutely great time and couldn't have been treated better by Oscar. It was raining and raining a little bit more, but everyone still got more than they expected.

Dennis

Archived