Mobility Scooter and Inside Cabin

fair-winds39

I use a Pride GoGo Elite Traveler Plus on our cruises. I have used it on Carnival cruises in a standard balcony, and we have no space problem when the scooter is parked in the cabin. I'm very comfortable going in and out, etc. because the standard balcony is a nice size. My question is has anyone ever used the referenced scooter on RCCL, specifically in an Inside cabin. I'm guessing it will fit through the doorway, and it will take up space in the cabin, but is it workable? We could remove the seat, fold down the tiller, and maybe that would give us a little more room. The RCCL (Grandeur) prices look pretty good for a couple cruises, especially the inside cabin prices. Thanks in advance for responses.

Contact the Accessibility Dept. at RCCL.  Ask them exactly how wide the opening to the Grandeur non-accessible cabins is. Make sure to have the exact width of your scooter at the widest part. Often the cabin doors are the same on ALL of the cabins on a ship (no matter what the square footage of the cabin) except the accessible cabins doors are wider. If you can disassemble the scooter parts and stand the scooter on it's side, that should help with space inside the cabin I'd think.  You might need to make certain of your cabin's layout. Exactly what the bed placement would be and if this can vary in your particular category of cabin. As I'm sure you already know, that could make a difference in whether you have space to store the scooter and still be able to get to the bathroom, closet and bed or not. I've been on the Grandeur twice, but years before my dh had mobility issues. I'd think it would be a pretty tight squeeze but would work if the beds are beyond the desk (w/those curtains between the desk and foot of the beds) & if you can have your steward remove the little table in the floor in front of the little couch. (Or you could try and lay it on the sofa,perhaps?). We recently had to fill out a form since my dh will be renting a scooter and we will not have an accessible cabin on a Voyager class ship. On the form they sent there was a statement indicating all cabin door widths were the same (other than the accessible ones),  and the "up to" size, in inches, of scooters that could fit through them. The form also asked for the width, length and height of the rental scooter. So I assume dh's scooter will fit through the door o.k.  

• 2 weeks later...