Non Alcoholic Pkg for kids

Reenie75

We will be sailing Dec 8th Mergilvia with 4 kids 7,9, (2) 12's we have the easy package - kids have the non-alcoholic package. Does this include soda, milk, chocolate milk, juice? Does it include frozen smooties and gelato for kids?

Here is what it states on the website for the non-alcoholic drinks package for kids:

Unlimited soft drinks and more!Give your kids the freedom to enjoy their choice of alcohol-free cocktails, sodas, energy drinks, bottled mineral water, flavoured water, fruit juices, a wide range of premium coffee drinks, hot chocolate delights, organic tea and soft ice cream. These can be consumed in all onboard bars, as well as the self-service buffet and restaurants, excluding speciality restaurants. This offer is only available to CHILDREN AGED 3-11 YEARS who are part of a group/family purchasing an ADULT package. 

TERMS & CONDITIONS: This package is for personal use only and valid for one booking at a time. The ID card issued with the package is non-transferrable. Abusing the terms of the package may result in the service being withdrawn and the remaining days not being refunded. The price of the package applies to each day of the cruise except for the day of disembarkation; the package cannot be purchased on a daily basis. Once activated on board, the package cannot be terminated and refunded. The following items are not included in the package: tobacco, souvenir glasses, ice cream menu, retail items, minibar and room service.

As you can see from the last line, gelato is not included (though soft-serve, as I've highlighted, is).

Bea

Edited by Beamafar

9 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

Here is what it states on the website for the non-alcoholic drinks package for kids:

Unlimited soft drinks and more!Give your kids the freedom to enjoy their choice of alcohol-free cocktails, sodas, energy drinks, bottled mineral water, flavoured water, fruit juices, a wide range of premium coffee drinks, hot chocolate delights, organic tea and soft ice cream. These can be consumed in all onboard bars, as well as the self-service buffet and restaurants, excluding speciality restaurants. This offer is only available to CHILDREN AGED 3-11 YEARS who are part of a group/family purchasing an ADULT package. 

TERMS & CONDITIONS: This package is for personal use only and valid for one booking at a time. The ID card issued with the package is non-transferrable. Abusing the terms of the package may result in the service being withdrawn and the remaining days not being refunded. The price of the package applies to each day of the cruise except for the day of disembarkation; the package cannot be purchased on a daily basis. Once activated on board, the package cannot be terminated and refunded. The following items are not included in the package: tobacco, souvenir glasses, ice cream menu, retail items, minibar and room service.

As you can see from the last line, gelato is not included (though soft-serve, as I've highlighted, is).

Bea

Hmmm thats tricky wording...

Non-alcoholic cocktails- strawberry coladas for an example ?

Also soft serve ice cream isnt that the ice cream that's in the Marketplace Buffet? 

I thought gelato would since its under $5-6 

It would be nice if they has a package with just good coffee.  I checked this for my upcoming transatlantic - they want almost $30/day. I would be dead if I drank that java.  LOL.

Edited by SeaTheW0rld
typo

30 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

It doesn't - sorry!  They're only included in Premium and the old Deluxe packages.

It's not worded well.  Edit:  I just requested a call back from MSC about this issue. I'll report back.

Capture.PNG

Edited by SeaTheW0rld
more info

4 minutes ago, SeaTheW0rld said:

It's not worded well.  

Capture.PNG

I totally agree with you!  Even the mention of fruit juices fails to clarify that freshly squeezed orange juice is not included, either ... again, it's only on Prem and Deluxe.  In fact, the wording for the Premium drinks package is very similar to what you've posted!

47 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

I totally agree with you!  Even the mention of fruit juices fails to clarify that freshly squeezed orange juice is not included, either ... again, it's only on Prem and Deluxe.  In fact, the wording for the Premium drinks package is very similar to what you've posted!

It's identical except when mentioning alcohol and the phrases "excluding specialty restaurants" vs. "including specialty restaurants".

I'm trying to decide if I can get the value out of it.  It's for a 20 night cruise, so it's a big commitment($580). I've had MUCH bigger bar bills back when I drank but not since. 

Maybe 3 cappuccinos in the morning $10.50

say 4 espressos throughout the day $10

a fru fru or two a day would put it over the top. I see sugar-free Red Bull is there.  Hmmmm.

How do the tips work with this? I've done these on other lines and they tack on %  to the sale price. 

Edited by SeaTheW0rld
more.

On 2/6/2019 at 7:32 PM, SeaTheW0rld said:

How do the tips work with this? I've done these on other lines and they tack on %  to the sale price. 

If you're paying as you go, the service charge is 15% added to the price.  If you have a drinks package, there is no service charge added.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

If you're paying as you go, the service charge is 15% added to the price.  If you have a drinks package, there is no service charge added.

Well, I'm not going to get the non-alcoholic package. $570 I just can't justify it.  I normally drink coffee in the morning then water all day. Those Spa Drinks sounded good, until I saw the calories!

I had a $0 bill when I got off NCL last week (except for the service charges).  My MSC cruise may be the same. I get a 12-coupon book for my status and $100 OBC. 

2 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

Well ... DH enjoys the coffee that's served in the MDRs at breakfast;  he usually has 5 or 6 cups!  There's also complimentary water, tea and coffee in the buffet 24/7.

Indeed. I consider the ship my home while I'm onboard.  It's like walking out to the kitchen to get a cup. I will be takng some instant tea for my 1st thing caffeine dose. Nobody deserves to interact with me before my morning fix.  LOL 

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

They were always only available on the Deluxe package, STW (that's why there's an asterisk next to the price), so it's unlikely.

Good point, but there is one by the red bull, too. The text says it includes energy drinks. I'm getting less and less inclined to buy this package. It's so vague and for $580 bucks I want some clarity. I don't think that's asking too much.

I don't mean to bum this thread, but I wanted to update it with new information I found.

The short answer to what is included, according to a CSA at MSC is this: all non-alcoholic drinks (not gelato, etc) priced 6 euros and under are included. Your mileage may vary.

This PDF is very explicit about what is included.

Ok....another question...our YC Mediterranean cruise on the Grandiosa next (early) summer will include our two grown daughters; son-in-law and two grandsons who will be 14 and 15.  Obviously, we regard them as our “grandCHILDREN” but evidently while cruising on MSC, the boys will be considered adults, correct?  

So then, as “adults”, what can I expect that the boys will be able to consume (being a YC passenger) and will be included in the way of NON-alcoholic drinks?  I gather there will be no more complimentary gelato or crepes they would love. We booked our cruise in Nov.,2018.  Thank you!