ALL IN Promo: WIFI Question

TorontoNewbieCruiser

Hello, we will be sailing on the Seaside in June of this year.  Can someone please clarify regarding the WIFI that is included in the ALL IN promotion?  This is what it states on the MSC website:

Free Wi-fi includes our standard internet package (varies by ship):

• Access all social networks and chat APP's
  • Check email and browse the web
  • On MSC Divina, 3-night cruises from Miami: Up to 2 devices; data limit 1 GB
  • On MSC Divina, MSC Meraviglia, MSC Armonia, 7-night cruises from Miami: Up to 2 devices; data limit 2 GB
  • On MSC Seaside, 7-night cruises from Miami: Up to 2 devices; data limit 3GB
  • On MSC Divina, MSC Meraviglia, 8-14 night cruises from Miami and New York: Up to 2 devices; data limit 3.5 GB

I would like to know if the data limit stated above is per cabin or per passenger.  I understand regarding the devices, but I'm not sure regarding the data limit.  If 3 people are booked in one cabin under the promotion, each one of them will have the drinks package obviously, but does it follow that each one of them also is allowed 3 GB, or is the 3 GB the data limit for all cabin occupants?  I need to know as unfortunately, there will be days on this sailing where work will have to come first.

TIA!

The promotion does not state if it is per stateroom or per guest.

I would check with MSC to see if the package is per guest or stateroom.  If it is per stateroom then it would be (from your example above) 2 devices sharing the 3GB for the stateroom.  Only 2 devices could be connected and using the internet at once. You could have more than 2 devices on the account but only 2 of them can access the internet at one time.  This is how it worked for us on the MSC Seaview in November.

Hopefully it is per guest but from the wording on the website it really doesn’t make it clear.

When you purchase the intern package (not talking about the included WIFI) it is per guest.

I was told two devices only on the Divina.  This is not like celebrity where you can sign off and on and use multiple devices, just not at the same time.  Each device is labeled—you can choose the name after.  I purchased the upgrade to 4 devices  and increased mb for the $27 premium upgrade offer (shown when I first signed in).  I like to read multiple newspapers daily on my iPad but use my phone for other things.  We ended up using almost 7mb over 10 days—which included researching flight changes and subsequent hotel arrangements due to storm cancellations.

We received the standard package 3.5mb for the cabin—each of us had a unique internet number on our sea passes; however, the reservation was made by me and i think we both had to use my number to register our devices.