Dress Code in Restaurants on the Dawn

Gampy1967

On the NCL site it mentions that flip flops are not allowed in the main dining rooms are specialty restaurants:

"We want you to be comfortable, but tank tops for men, flip flops, baseball caps, visors and jeans that are overly faded, with holes or tears and worn below the hips are not permitted in main dining rooms or specialty restaurants. Kids 12 and under are welcome to wear nice shorts in all our restaurants. You may want to pack a sweater too—air conditioning can be chilly."

Are nice sandal's allowed or is it closed-toed shoes only?  I am asking for my wife and granddaughter.  I will probably wear boat shoes but they both have nice sandals.  Just did not know if they need to pick up some boat shoes also.

Thanks.

You can wear what you want as a lot of Americans were permanently dressed in shorts, sandals and baseball caps in all bars/restaurants and the caps never came off!! No one stopped them coming in or asked them to remove baseball caps as they quite often kick off if asked to comply with any dress code.

2 hours ago, cruiser man 60 said:

You can wear what you want as a lot of Americans were permanently dressed in shorts, sandals and baseball caps in all bars/restaurants and the caps never came off!! No one stopped them coming in or asked them to remove baseball caps as they quite often kick off if asked to comply with any dress code.

They would not allow shorts in the Manhattan Room on the Getaway.