Oceana

Lovetocruise1950

Been on Oceana a few times but never stayed on this deck.  It's a very low deck and the cabin is exactly on the centre line of the ship.   A comparatively stable position if movement of the ship is an issue to you, this is good.  It is very handy for the laundrette in particular and also shops and the central infrastructure.  This inside cabin is of the smaller, standard size and the beds are only usable as two individual singles, they cannot be joined to form a double. Are you the type that is out and about the ship a lot?   In terms of neighbouring noise issues you have the theatre ahead of you, so there could be rehearsals and performances later.  You are directly below the theatres associated toilets.  It should work all right on your cruise as a cabin but not one I should pick on merits.

Regards John

Hi....I have cruised on the Oceana a couple of times and I love the ship. I have not stayed  in this particular cabin but I have been in one and I agree with John it wouldn't be my first choice. I would have chosen one of the more square style design of cabin and if you are sticking to that grade then I would have chosen F deck away from the noise of the theatre  and on the same level as the atrium which is very handy....that's why I like P deck on Azura/Ventura

Have you contacted P&O to see if you could swop your cabin to another one....of the same grade but in my opinion a better shaped cabin....with being narrower you do feel more " cramped" for space

45 minutes ago, Lovetocruise1950 said:

. Guess you learn by your mistakes. 

I thought you probably had this cabin allocated by the cruise line.  Realistically you should have a good cruise if you focus on sitting in the atrium coffee area, or other interesting areas subject to sunny weather when available.  You will meet a lot more people than you would with a balcony cabin.

Bon Voyage John.

13 hours ago, Lovetocruise1950 said:

Thanks John , should have good weather Dubai to Malta so will be on deck. 

We did the same and were allocated C532. Went for the highest grade inside available on the saver. As it is an extra cruise for us too it was worth taking the risk. The alternative was something like £400 each to book select. Also at the time there were only inside or suites available which seemed strange.

But we won't spend much time in the room, will be enjoying a lovely cruise through the Suez Canal. We are staying on for he next week from Malta to Croatia and Venice.

Not long now though. Have a great holiday

We were on Oceana for New Year 2017 and between 4 of us had E318 and E319 either side of you.  They weren't the best cabins we've ever had but we were fairly happy with them.  As previously mentioned they were very handy for the atrium and its surrounds and also for the Yacht and Compass the deck above, also if you use the buffet this is forward on Oceana so you can go straight up in the lift and not have to walk the length of the ship. We had no issues with noise although I don't think we were in the cabin much at the times anything was going on in the theatre. 

Have a great cruise - I'm sure that if you're spending most of your time on deck you'll be fine.  We will be 5 decks above you on A deck so please don't come after me if I've given you bad advice!