Punta Cana Safe?

ginger123snaps

So I was reading up on the us government website on which ports are safe.  Punta Cana has the same level 2 warning as Bahamas and Mexico.  I was not expecting this for Punta Cana.  Does anyone have any experience or knowledge on this port as far as safety?  We are planning on going to scape park but i'm happy to cancel as nothing is worth it to me when it comes to keeping my family safe.  

If scape park is far from cap cana, then I wouldn't want to venture out with a level 2 warning.

I have to LOL when I read some of these warnings. Punta Cana does have some questionable parts, but so does Miami, New York, Los Angeles, and pretty much any place cruise ships depart from in the USA, in fact any city. I would not shy away from booking a cruise that goes to Punta Cana because of safety concerns The ships go to the Cap Cana development which is very touristy and crime is basically non existent. 

I’ve been going to Punta Cana for years, both for work and for leisure. It’s a vast and spread out area dominated by resorts along its long coast. You do drive by some areas that look aesthetically unpleasaning , but I’ve never encountered anything that I would even remotely consider unsafe.

The main thing is to use common sense, just like you would back at home. There are places where I would never take my family in my own city but  there are many more where I would.