Sailing on Epic, a few questions

pehlibaar

We will be sailing on the Epic in March and had a few general NCL as well as Epic specific questions:

1. What kinds of things, other than specialty dining, require reservations? Especially any kind of reservations I should book as soon as boarding. I read on another thread about signing up for tender at GSC as soon as we board?

2. What kid friendly shows and activities are on board? How is bowling? Is there an escape room activity, any info on that?

3. We have the promo for Ultimate Drink Package, what does that include? Does it include soda, since sodas are used for mixers? What specific bourbons and scotch are included? Frozen drinks?

4. We also have a 100 minute internet package included...how does that work? Does the 100 minutes start as soon as I connect and keep going, or just the actual time I am online? Should I be turning off wifi when not using it so my minutes don't get used up?

5. Water and soda are no longer allowed to be checked or carried on? So no more cases of water/soda allowed? Anyone know why? We sailed NCL years ago and it was allowed, and we sailed Carnival last year and it was allowed, is this a new NCL policy?

55 minutes ago, pehlibaar said:

We will be sailing on the Epic in March and had a few general NCL as well as Epic specific questions:

1. What kinds of things, other than specialty dining, require reservations? Especially any kind of reservations I should book as soon as boarding. I read on another thread about signing up for tender at GSC as soon as we board?

2. What kid friendly shows and activities are on board? How is bowling? Is there an escape room activity, any info on that?

3. We have the promo for Ultimate Drink Package, what does that include? Does it include soda, since sodas are used for mixers? What specific bourbons and scotch are included? Frozen drinks?

4. We also have a 100 minute internet package included...how does that work? Does the 100 minutes start as soon as I connect and keep going, or just the actual time I am online? Should I be turning off wifi when not using it so my minutes don't get used up?

5. Water and soda are no longer allowed to be checked or carried on? So no more cases of water/soda allowed? Anyone know why? We sailed NCL years ago and it was allowed, and we sailed Carnival last year and it was allowed, is this a new NCL policy?

1.  Any show in the theater can be reserved but they do allow people to standby incase it isn't filled.  Same with the comedy shows but you have to reserve those on the ship.

2.The Escape room show is called Escape the Big Top.  The splash academy is on deck 14, my son loved it.  And there is also the arcade.

3. It does include soda.  It includes any alcoholic drink priced $15 or under.  The selections of whiskey are limited and vary by ship.

4. From what I am told, you only burn minutes when logged on so log off when you're not using it.

5. Cases of water are not allowed any longer as of 3 years ago or so.

Edited by RedwingHockeyFan
  • Like 1

2.  We did a scavenger hunt on Epic.  There is trivia.

3.  You should be able to see drink menus on beyondships.com

4.  Agree.  Only uses your minutes while logged on... and it will tell you when you log off what you have used or have left to keep track.

• Like 1