New about Marriott Marina - Port Everglades

signman

The rumored buyer is in the article above, the same company who bought Hyatt Pier 66 and Bahia Mar last year.

The rest of the property is open and fine, it's not THAT badly damaged, in fact it's not even noticable unless you really look hard.

Oops, sorry Trent. I read the first article linked in the thread but not the one you linked. I will take your word on it that they are a good group because the reviews I have read on the Hyatt lately have been mostly awful.

Thanks for your info on Marriott. I did call the hotel earlier today and spoke to Kim, the front desk manager. She told me that the entire tower is closed and that only rooms in the wings are open. She said that all public facilities including the pool area, restaurants and banquet areas were fully operational and staffed. She told me we will have no problem (but what else is she going to tell me.) Since I can't get into where I want at this point, we are going to stick it out since it is only 1 night. We'll see how it goes.

Well I wouldn't worry about those Hyatt Pier 66 reviews, it's still in the middle of a MAJOR remodeling project. Once that's completed it will be a spectacular resort.

That's odd that they told you the entire tower is closed, as I'm past there every few days and have noticed what were obviously guests on the balconies in the tower. Perhaps they've just closed it, I don't know, but it's certainly had a lot of lights on and people having drinks, etc. on the balconies lately. :confused:

Just updating from earlier posts...we are booked for our pre-cruise stay at the Renaissance. Marriott went to bat for us at the hotel. We do have a reservation number, but we're glad our flight has been changed to an earlier time so we can get there early and make sure we have a room.

Trent, thanks for the great words about the Renaissance, we are looking forward to staying there!

We stayed there Dec 23rd, pre-cruise on the Millenium. We were in the "villas" 1st floor on the waterway. The room and bathroom were immaculate with excellent condition furniture, mattresses and linens. Everything poolside was perfect and well attended by pool staff. We ate at a window table with excellent coffee and juice service and a delightful breakfast buffet. The concierge organized our complimentary port shuttle and it ran perfectly.

I'm a bit stunned with the change since we would have stayed again for the port shuttle, if not every other perfect touch.

We're very excited about our cruise and have to report that Marriott was absolutely super about the Marina and moving us to another hotel. I just tonight got back from a business trip to California and my DW told me that Marriott had completed the transfer of our reservation from the Marina to the Renaissance, including the King Tut "VIP" package, for exactly the same price as we'd been booked for at the Marina. Now all we have to do is show up for the cruise!!!! Docs in hand so we're ready....well...a bit of packing to do. :eek:

Archived