Wine/beer package package or deals + dress code by restaurant

jp2001

Good afternoon :)

I'm an avid cruiser (Platinum on NCL and have cruised a few times with Cunard and HAL too... On top of working on a ship but that's another story).

I just booked my first Costa cruise for next week and I have questions about my options for wine and beer and also dress codes.

I see a package where I could buy wine/beer by the glass with lunch and dinner at a fair price. I think it could work for us. Would I be allowed to take an unfinished glass of wine to my balcony after dinner or it's a big no-no? Do we get to somewhatchoose the wine or it's only one kind of house wine? What if we don't like it, can we remove package and go by the bottle instead?

I see this package is also offered in the buffet, how does this work? Let say we decided to have an early dinner in the buffet and then go for our late dinning assignment. Could we get a glass of wine/beer with each meal? Or would they deny us the drinks in the dining room if we already had one in the buffet. 

if we decide to buy bottles of wine instead  of the package (to allow to bring it to a lounge or balcony after dinner), are there any packages for a discounted price? At what price do the bottles or package start? And how much for a decent bottle? Nothing fancy, just drinkable.

Can we bring a bottle from home to drink on the balcony? Or pay only corkage if we bring it to dinner?

My boyfriend hardly ever go on cruises, he's doing it for my 40th birthday :). He hates to dress up. What is the bare minimum requirement for each restaurant? 10-night cruise with 3 sea days, do you think formal nights will be on those days (night 3, 6 and last night?)

For casual nights, would Capri pants paired with a casual button-shirt or polo shirt do (or maybe jeans if capris are not allowed)? I understand formal nights are optional. So would a pair of slacks with dressier button-down shirt (long sleeves) be acceptable? Please don't judge me too much, I personally prefer to dress up more when I cruise but he is already doing me a big favor to come on this cruise for my 40th birthday. I want him to be comfortable but I don't want to be turned away from the dinning room/restaurant we go to.

I see there is a pay-for burger joint. That seems like a nice option to skip one of the formal nights. Would just a regular t-shirt work in that place even non formal night? I love a good fancy burger, are they any good? 

And what about the dress code at the pizza place? Casual every night?

What about their specialty restaurant dress code? I hope just a button down shirt will do. If not, we'll skip but I would like a special evening for my birthday 🙂

Anything I should know about Costa?

Ive had the meal time drinks package in the distant past.  They didn't mind us taking unfinished drinks out of the dining room.  In fact they gave up going to get extra wine for us and left us a full bottle every night at dinner! 

Regards dress code.  They are not overly formal.  Just read the dress code on the website.  On my upcoming 27night cruise I am not taking long dresses and hubby is not taking tux but he will have a jacket and I have a couple of short dresses to alternate with smart trousers.

Edited by jerseylily

Okay firstly I will say you might.

All packages give at least two choices or red a white & a Rose most are acceptable but you may also purchase any bottle that takes your fancy starting from $30 upwards you can take bottle with you if not finished. You may up-grade package but not stop one. You may not take any alcohol onto the ship unless you buy while ashore then it mostly is put aside till you depart the ship, same with buying in the on boards shops. Your package applies to all bars and Restaurants including buffet & pizza places.

Check choices on the Costa web site by scrolling down to mycosta put in name and cruise number and you will see prices for all the wines/water/ and coffee packages. Water is about $3.00 plus service charge.

Although you maybe stopped for an unsuitable dress code it is now very rare, burger  & pizza places almost anything goes, specialty restaurant are more relaxed the MRG smart casual/ shirt is okay but no shorts for the men.

You can also pre-book Club/Samsara restaurant's on line bore the cruise and see all tours and extras luxury dishes served in all restaurant's.

My opening words apply because all the time cruises are relaxing their rules after all you are their customers and they often overlook minor infringements to keep us happy.

Have a great cruise and best wishes for a lovely birthday.

On our recent Fort Lauderdale cruise on Deliziosa we have never seen so many females wearing short denim shorts in the evening.

Tenpin is 100% correct in saying that rules are 😎 relaxed!

Edited by CASPALL