Trying MSC for first time and have questions

Carnival Cutie

I am cruising in September on MSC and have questions I could not find answers to on MSC website.

We are booked on Seaside in September as Bella Experience with upgrade to Easy Package for liquor and free wi-fi. We are a party of four; myself, hubby, sister and her son's ex (who she still has a great relationship with). We are in our 60's, sis is in her 70's. We opt for cruising in September because we like to wait until after the kids go back to school. We have previously cruised on Carnival, Norwegian, Royal Caribbean and Celebrity. 

I am hoping those who have already sailed on the Seaside can answer any questions I have. 

1 - How does Room Service work for someone with Bella status? If we opt for room service, which may happen as I may need to at some point, is there a charge and if so does it make sense to upgrade?

2 - I like to send gifts to my companions as a remembrance of the trip. I saw nothing where anything could be ordered. Since we have liquor package this may be moot, although I have sent gift baskets in the past on other cruise lines.

Any help you can offer would be appreciated. I do want to do any upgrades prior to my sailing to minimize any additional costs.

Thank you in advance.

I believe Bella does NOT include free room service.  That starts at the Fantastica level.  I imagine they have gifts.  I know that their wonderful cakes can be ordered for about $29.00.  We received a cake for free as Black status for my husband's birthday and it was wonderful.  Feeds about 15 people.

The way I read it is there are free items, and items you must pay for.  Bella, you have to pay for delivery, but not in Fantastica and above.  Non-breakfast room service is available from 1000-0600 but there is a charge for delivery of $3.50 between 11pm and 6am.  The dinner menu has a $7.95 service charge fee.  Pizza delivery is from noon to midnight and different pizzas have different charges.  I am onboard Seaside now and reading from the Room Service booklet, which I may take with me and scan when I get home.  EM

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Essiesmom said:

The way I read it is there are free items, and items you must pay for.  Bella, you have to pay for delivery, but not in Fantastica and above.  Non-breakfast room service is available from 1000-0600 but there is a charge for delivery of $3.50 between 11pm and 6am.  The dinner menu has a $7.95 service charge fee.  Pizza delivery is from noon to midnight and different pizzas have different charges.  I am onboard Seaside now and reading from the Room Service booklet, which I may take with me and scan when I get home.  EM

So if one were in steerage, ah bella, and wanted to order a pot of coffee at breakfast time the charge would be? Thanks!

59 minutes ago, SeaTheW0rld said:

So if one were in steerage, ah bella, and wanted to order a pot of coffee at breakfast time the charge would be? Thanks!

You are likely going to be charged the room service rate, which is (or was) $3.95.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, cruiser man 60 said:

The figure is correct as we had Bella and one day my wife had breakfast delivered and cost was 3.5 euros.

we had a kettle in room so just made our own tea in morning if we wanted one.

Thanks.  That seems fair.  I'm surprised they didn't confiscate your kettle.

31 minutes ago, cruiser man 60 said:

The kettle was placed in cabin by MSC, apparently they put them in for UK cruisers but not sure if on all itineraries 

I wonder if an American, who is a total bear before being caffeinated, can get one. I thought it was just the upper level cabin that got one.

6 minutes ago, SeaTheW0rld said:

I wonder if an American, who is a total bear before being caffeinated, can get one. I thought it was just the upper level cabin that got one.

That would be great. Getting your morning coffee, esp on disembarkation day, can be difficult or at the very least, a long walk from the bow.

13 minutes ago, Markanddonna said:

That would be great. Getting your morning coffee, esp on disembarkation day, can be difficult or at the very least, a long walk from the bow.

I was told the buffet is closed from 2am - 6am (Divina).  That means no coffee when I get up.  I'm up early and then the gym when they open at 6. I'm going to take some instant iced tea.  It's caffeinated and brown. LOL