Opening of M3 line in Copenhagen

gnome12

They haven't announced anything yet but I'm assuming that it will be open at that time. 

The M4 that evetually will reach all the way out to Oceankaj will open its first of many stages in early 2020.

The first 2 stations are Nordhavn and Orientkaj. 

From there its still a long walk to Oceankaj but I'm guessing that the shuttle busses  (route 25) will be reroute so they end or at least stops at Orientkaj. 

It will for sure be a stop for the 27 bus. 

The next stage is the opening of the southern part of M4 that will open in 2024 with 5 stations and a terminus at Ny Ellebjerg. 

On the northern section M4 will eventually reach Oceankaj, No date has been set but its no later than 2030.

M3 and M4 shares the Circle line between København H (central station) and Østerport station on the eastern half of the Circle line. 

Edited by Danish viking

4 hours ago, Danish viking said:

They haven't announced anything yet but I'm assuming that it will be open at that time. 

M3 and M4 shares the Circle line between København H (central station) and Østerport station on the eastern half of the Circle line. 

Thank you.

I will be at the Bethel (i.e. Kongens Nytorv) so I'm hoping to have the flexibility from there to go around the loop to many of the places that I want to see. I will be docked at Nordre Toldbod, so I expect that I will walk from the hotel. 

Since I spend the last night on board the ship, is there a closer station to the ship for transportation on the last 2 days?

Image result for when does m3 open in copenhagen

21 hours ago, gnome12 said:

I see that the M3 (circle line) is supposed to open in July 2019. Does anyone have an exact date yet? I will be in Copenhagen from July 13 to July 17. 

The City Ring metro are facing further delays, so it may not be ready to open in July. This is new information, that was in the news a few days ago, so whether or not the opening will be in July is still uncertain.

When you are at Nordre Toldbod, the closest station will be Marmorkirken (if the new metro line is open). If it's not open, there's no station near Nordre Toldbod, but the bus stop Esplanaden will be close. 

You can see the current public transport map of the city centre (including Nordre Toldbod) here: https://dinoffentligetransport.dk/media/2131/bustogmetrocity.pdf (larger map: https://dinoffentligetransport.dk/media/2128/bustogmetro_stkbh.pdf)

If the new metro line is open when you are in Copenhagen, it will look something like this: https://dinoffentligetransport.dk/media/3463/nyt-bynet-2019-indre-by-og-christianshavn.pdf (larger map: https://dinoffentligetransport.dk/media/3472/nyt-bynet-2019-koebenhavn-og-frederiksberg.pdf)

• Thanks 1

According to Google Maps Østerport will be 13 minutes away on foot and Marmorkirken station (the Marble Church) 11 minutes away. 

Closest public transportation is bus 1A that stops at Esplanaden (Grønningen) from the the downtown area (direction Hellerup station or Klampenborg station) 

To the city you'll have to go one block further to catch the bus towards downtown, this stop is called Esplanaden (Store Kongensgade) here the direction for bus 1A is Hvidovre Hospital or Avødøre station.