Mexico park cozumel

prinn4953

am looking for information for the Discover Mexico Park tour that is sponsored by Royal Caribbean. 

sailing on the Allure of the Seas.

How long of a bus/van ride is it from the dock to Mexico Park? Did you enjoy the visit? Did the tour allow enough time for you to see everything in Mexico Park that you wanted to see, or did you feel rushed?   Is there anything else I should know about the tour? Thanks for your feedback

You can find info about the park at https://discovermexicopark.com/  Been to Coz many times and this is the first we have heard of it (and they claim to have been around for 10 years).  Might be what used to be labeled the Jose Cuervo tasting room.  Chankanaab has some of this offered as well.  Web site says 11km south of town, which is 15 minutes south of the International Pier.  Probably $15 taxi.  

I have done the Discover Mexico Park excursion, but we did not go through RC to do so.  We used the costco-favored shore excursions company.  So I cant say if a transfer is included.  

We walked to the park, something I would not recommend doing.  It is a 30 min walk give or take, but it requires "froggering" across that main highway to get to.  A cab should suffice fine and be cheap.  

The park itself is fun I thought.  We really loved the chocolate making and the tequila tasting.  None of us were big drinkers, and none really like tequila particularly.  But We learned a lot about the different types of tequila and got to develop some appreciation for the spirit.  The sky dancers are really interesting.  The Museum portion is also really fun.  And the street tacos inside are delicious!  Made for a really nice lunch.  Overall my impression was that the park made for a fun "intro to Mexican history and culture" excursion.  I don't know that anyone who has been to Mexico often would feel, but as first timers, we all enjoyed it.  I'm still trying to figure out how to get more drinking chocolate home next visit.  😉 

If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask!  I mean, aside from the specifics above I don't have answers to.  😉

• Like 1

8 hours ago, kakabel said:

I have done the Discover Mexico Park excursion, but we did not go through RC to do so.  We used the costco-favored shore excursions company.  So I cant say if a transfer is included.  

We booked through Shoretrips.com. We had to make our way to the park (got turned around; ended up taking a cab), but transportation was provided back to the ship. 

We walked to the park, something I would not recommend doing.  It is a 30 min walk give or take, but it requires "froggering" across that main highway to get to.  A cab should suffice fine and be cheap.  

The park itself is fun I thought.  We really loved the chocolate making and the tequila tasting.  None of us were big drinkers, and none really like tequila particularly.  But We learned a lot about the different types of tequila and got to develop some appreciation for the spirit.  The sky dancers are really interesting.  The Museum portion is also really fun.  And the street tacos inside are delicious!  Made for a really nice lunch.  Overall my impression was that the park made for a fun "intro to Mexican history and culture" excursion.  I don't know that anyone who has been to Mexico often would feel, but as first timers, we all enjoyed it.  I'm still trying to figure out how to get more drinking chocolate home next visit.  😉 

Me too, delicious. However, our budget will ended up blown. I drank a little too much tequila, and I told y husband to buy what he wanted in the gift shop. He ended up buying the most of expensive bottle of tequila. 

If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask!  I mean, aside from the specifics above I don't have answers to.  😉

11 hours ago, prinn4953 said:

Anyone know about the tour thru Royal Caribbean? does rc provide the bus at the docks ? Does tour include admission? thank you

Have never seen a cruise line tour that requires you to find your own way to a destination or buy an additional admission.  Consolidators like shoreexcursioneer will often not include transportation since they sell to people who are not on cruises.

That said, buses generally are not on the pier.  The back entrance to the International Pier area in Cozumel is probably 200 yards from the pier security point.  Most tours to places like Chankanaab or downtown are actually dispatched in van-type cabs, and the person you check in with organizes the correct number into each cab.  Then they do the same thing coming back, except the dropoff point is usually the far end of the area so you have to walk by all the stores.  It can be a very long walk from the ship to the bus in large ports like Cozumel.  Other places the buses drive right onto the pier and park next to the ship.

Chankanaab doesn't require booking an excursion.  

Grab a cab at the pier, it's about a 15-minute ride to the park, then buy tix at the park for admission.

When done, there will be a line of cabs at the park and an employee will call one over to you.  

Cab prices are regulated in Cozumel, the price will be on the board at the cab-stand at the pier. Same price for return trip.  

I've done Chankanaab three different times this way.  It's exceedingly simple, even for a newbie, and you don't have to worry about meeting the cruise line's bus times -- you go when you want, and you leave when you want.  

12 hours ago, LeeW said:

Have never seen a cruise line tour that requires you to find your own way to a destination or buy an additional admission.  Consolidators like shoreexcursioneer will often not include transportation since they sell to people who are not on cruises.

That said, buses generally are not on the pier.  The back entrance to the International Pier area in Cozumel is probably 200 yards from the pier security point.  Most tours to places like Chankanaab or downtown are actually dispatched in van-type cabs, and the person you check in with organizes the correct number into each cab.  Then they do the same thing coming back, except the dropoff point is usually the far end of the area so you have to walk by all the stores.  It can be a very long walk from the ship to the bus in large ports like Cozumel.  Other places the buses drive right onto the pier and park next to the ship.

Thank you very much

23 hours ago, kakabel said:

Thank you very much, very kind of you