worrying Berlitz Review of Seabourn -any truth in it

SimonM

3 hours ago, vistaman said:

Actually the F and B operations - buying suplies and what to serve - is decided by the seniors of HAL -

confirmed by several officers last year during a ships visit - i cannot put the  names on it  , neither of the HAL people ( despite i am aware of some )

It's been this way for about four years.  Surprised you did not mention H-L in response to Brittany's post.   Very impressed with fish served on last year's transpacific on Sojourn once we hit Alaska.  They really did do local purchasing.  We'll see if they do it next month on same route. 

I am not working in the travel industry at all. The Berlitz was always very sensible to a variety of breads , quality of cheeses , fruits and other small details -  I still have copies from the nineties of last century and the author is pointing those details quite  often.  

On p 127 of the 2019 edition he is opposing the fact cheeses on buffets - both on SB as on Seadream are pre-diced. ( what is not done on Oceania - seen 3 weeks ago  )

And exception made for the older Mein Schiff 2 , he does grant higher ratings for food to the Mein Schiff ships as to Seabourn.

I cannot deny that is probably also the more European opinion   on F and B operations .  

However the changes on SB are a fact  , as are the changes on Cunard . A Queens Grill on QE2 in the nineties and a Queens Grill on Queen Victoria now … CCL  i presume .