Copenhagen Port to Airport on your own?

NorskyGal

In July my husband and I will be disembarking from a Viking Ocean cruise in Copenhagen and making our way by ourselves to the airport.  Since we didn't arrange our air travel through Viking, my understanding is that they will not offer transportation for us to the airport. 

We have an 11am flight.  We are not interested in shlepping luggage onto a bus or train. 

Does anyone have experience taking a taxi or other private transportation here?  Do you need to arrange it in advance or just pick up a taxi waiting outside the ship terminal? 

Any idea of costs?

Thank you so much!

We are also leaving a Viking cruise for the airport in Copenhagen this summer.  Our travel agent recently booked Viking transfers for us even though  we did not book flights with Viking.  I think it was $50 per person.  I would imagine a taxi is much cheaper but it is worth it to us having Viking take care of these details.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Scootoir said:

We are also leaving a Viking cruise for the airport in Copenhagen this summer.  Our travel agent recently booked Viking transfers for us even though  we did not book flights with Viking.  I think it was $50 per person.  I would imagine a taxi is much cheaper but it is worth it to us having Viking take care of these details.

Take a taxi for about half of what cruise line bus☹️transfers

would cost as they are per person...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NorskyGal said:

I’m also interested in how long it takes for a taxi ride to get to the airport so we have some idea of how early we need to leave the ship.  

Thanks!

I am interested in this too.  Also is 2 hours before flight time enough before a flight within Europe?

The airport is a few miles south of the city, depending on which berth, it should be about 7 to 10 mile drive. From memory, traffic is consistent with other cities, best guess would be allowing 30 to 40 mins to the airport.

When departed Copenhagen we allowed a couple of hours and had no issues. We had an early morning departure. 

• Like 1

I can't answer about Copenhagen, but in San Juan Viking wanted $50 a person to transfer to the airport on a bus. We got an Uber which picked us up 20 feet from the bus for $15. And when we got to the airport we weren't in line with 40 other people just getting off a bus.

• Like 1