Cruise Critic Community
createmem

Allure of the Seas Review Feb 10 eastern - no compasses used this cruise!

On 3/8/2019 at 3:54 PM, createmem said:

Same on the hubby thing - unless I can get him tipsy enough.  He tends to be a tired drunk so its a fine line between tispy enough to club dance and sleep!  

I am not sure if 150 Central park is on the voucher list, but I would always choose this place if you are a bit more foodie inclined.  If you just like a solidly good meal, then I would choose Chops.  Its a solid steakhouse and this is from a steak loving Nebraska girl who is quite steak picky. Chops is consistently good from ship to ship.  I have never tried Giovanni's and have heard good things, but its never made our list of must tries on a cruise.  We did try Izumi last year on Oasis and I thought it was just okay,  Honestly, I think there we have a better hibachi restaurant here in Omaha.  I felt the same way about Sabor when I tried it on Freedom.  The Guacamole was super good but everything else was so so and I felt we have better restaurants locally for that.  That Chops steakhouse would rival many of the great steakhouses in Omaha, Nebraska (partly because they do serve Omaha Steaks brand meat there.)

Thank you! My TA mentioned Central Park so it might be included. I am a wanna be foodie, but also a little picky so it makes it tough, lol!  After looking at the menu's I know we would love Chops as it is similar to our fave go to here in town. I'm also not sure if we can book in advance with a voucher can you still get reservations once you are on the ship?

1 hour ago, tntodom said:

I'm also not sure if we can book in advance with a voucher can you still get reservations once you are on the ship?

Yes, reserve on board with a voucher.

1 minute ago, Biker19 said:

Yes, reserve on board with a voucher.

Thanks! 

1 hour ago, tntodom said:

Thank you! My TA mentioned Central Park so it might be included. I am a wanna be foodie, but also a little picky so it makes it tough, lol!  After looking at the menu's I know we would love Chops as it is similar to our fave go to here in town. I'm also not sure if we can book in advance with a voucher can you still get reservations once you are on the ship?

Yes, we reserved on board.  Actually we forgot about the voucher until partway through the cruise and Chops called to remind us.  We were able to get in on the night we could go and at a good time.

I am an overplanner also.  We are going on the Allure on 4.21.19, coming up shortly.  I normally travel with my sister or my family.  This time is part of my bucket list with my sister.  We live in Cincinnati Ohio and both are retired. We have a Boardwalk balcony and can't wait.