Isla Pasion (Passion Island) for the day?

minimom5

Passion Island is one of the  Cozumel excursions that we're thinking of doing from our cruise ship.  Our other choices are Playa Mia and Chanakaab Beach Park.  We don't always do excursions through the cruise line but this time we have a credit that we need to use so we'd like to book through the ship.  We will be 2 adults and 2 teens and re looking for a relaxing day at a nice beach with decent food.  Maybe some snorkeling, maybe some non-motorized water sports.   Reviews are mixed, which makes it difficult to choose.....So, if anyone has any advice , info or experience to share, we'd really appreciate it ! Thanks!

We had a nice relaxing time in 2015.  Food was decent.  Extremely relaxing with hammocks and shade with ocean breeze and waves.  Maybe someone has a more recent review.  It was more family atmosphere than party atmosphere.

We visited Passion Island in Jan 2017 as part of a Carnival Cruise excursion.  We had a great time and my boys, ages 10 & 7, loved the water toys.  Do note that it can be difficult to get onto the water toys so if your kids (or you) don't have much for upper arm strength you might not like it.  The scenery was beautiful and there's plenty of opportunities to relax.  The food and drinks were ok, nothing special.  The boat ride over & back was also fun w/music & dancing.  We'd go again, although when we're in Cozumel this March we are going to try Paradise Beach because we've never been there.

_D7K6901.JPG

_D7K7070.JPG

My wife and I have been to both Passion Island (3 times including June 2018) & Playa Mia (1 time).

We love Passion Island, pretty beach, not a lot of development on the island (more of a raw natural beach), great staff, great way to relax. Food and drinks are good not great, there is lots to do if you want to, and it has lots of room and has never been over crowded when we went.

Playa Mia is a tourist trap to me. It was over crowded when we went. Lots to do like a water park,  snorkeling, and shops, but its concrete walk ways and buildings all the way to the beach which felt small to me. Food and drinks where about the same just good not great.

DSC07800.JPG