First cruise solo as a widow

Pixiewix

I have cruised twice with my husband but now that he has passed away I am considering this as an alternative to completely solo travel or with a tour group.  I am considering a cruise through Europe with HAL from Rome return called Best of the Mediterranean.  Any thoughts, hints, information and ideas gratefully received. 

4 hours ago, Pixiewix said:

I have cruised twice with my husband but now that he has passed away I am considering this as an alternative to completely solo travel or with a tour group.  I am considering a cruise through Europe with HAL from Rome return called Best of the Mediterranean.  Any thoughts, hints, information and ideas gratefully received. 

Welcome to CC.  Sorry to hear of your loss but know that you are not alone cruising solo with HAL.  There are many of us.  We enjoy the ports and ship life that makes it easy to both see more of the world and to meet new friends. 

Enjoy your cruise planning.

Edited by Crew News

14 hours ago, Pixiewix said:

Good for you for thinking about getting out there after such a big loss.  I've been solo cruising since 2003, and highly recommend it as a good, safe way for women to travel by themselves.   You can be with others or not as your mood dictates.  Join us over in the Solo Cruisers forum.  Lots of friendly, helpful people there.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/279-solo-cruisers/

Roz