Lawn Club Grill Favorites!

Nymich

On 2/21/2019 at 11:13 AM, Barwick Cruiser said:

We're probably the only ones that were not thrilled with our lawn club dinner.  The flatbread was very good and we enjoyed some of that but wanted to fill up on our mains.  The salad bar was very basic and disappointing with few toppings and we wished for the oceanview salad bar.  We both ordered the filet steaks as well as shrimp and scallop skewers.  The steaks were soooo salty that I could only eat a couple bites.  It was cooked to order (medium rare) and very tender but the overly salty taste on each bite was too much.  The skewers were good and the the seafood done just right.  The mac and cheese had very little lobster and what was there had no flavour.  Fortunately the cookie and ice cream were good although we've def had it done better in local restaurants.  I did mention to the server, when he noticed I ate very little of the steak,  that we found the meat over salted and he offered to have them redone but by that point we didn't want to wait any longer.  We did ask if it's routine to add a lot of salt as a seasoning and he asked the chef who said he makes them like that all the time.  I guess we're just not big salt eaters, never add it to our food at home so I guess our tastebuds are overly sensitive to it now.  Steaks we had in Tuscan, twice, were delicious and definitely not over salted.  Maybe we just got a bad night at the Grill lol!   Hopefully the OP's dinner is at a higher standard!

Sorry to hear that you had such a salty meal.  I love the LCG and have never had a bad meal.  I do not salt my food at home and have not experienced what you did  

at the LCG.  If it was salty or spicy, I would have been disappointed as well.

I do love the lobster Mac and cheese and the warm cookie.